Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sheet metal parts; where to buy?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
djm914-6
I really need to start collecting a few replacement panels. Is RestorationDesign the only place to get stamped parts?

A customer of the shop just bought a '73 1.7L with super low miles in museum condition so I'm a bit jealous right now. I need to get my car sorted soon.
GeorgeRud
Auto Atlanta and Stoddard also sell restoration sheet metal parts, but it seems most folks are happiest with the parts from Restoration Design. You can certainly check all three to determine prices and availability.
r_towle
What panels do you need?
djm914-6
Starting with the longer of the sails and door latch inner areas. I'll have my coworkers make part of my front fender and rear corner of one quarter if it's not too much work.
mepstein
start with restoration design and tangerine racing (close to you in CT). If you cant get it from them, ask on world.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Feb 1 2014, 11:34 AM) *

Starting with the longer of the sails and door latch inner areas. I'll have my coworkers make part of my front fender and rear corner of one quarter if it's not too much work.

David, I'll more than likely have some short "Corner pieces" left over from the upper rear qtrs. when I start cutting for the Sheridan kit. You can have them.
PM me with the length you need....I'll see what is available.
Marty
r_towle
You will need to buy a door jamb from a used car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.