Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best source for valve springs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
Seems like I'm spending everyday trying to gather everything I need for the engine build. Today I'm working on springs. Any recommendations besides Bird (not that I don't want to buy from them)?
Randal
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Feb 1 2014, 10:45 AM) *

Seems like I'm spending everyday trying to gather everything I need for the engine build. Today I'm working on springs. Any recommendations besides Bird (not that I don't want to buy from them)?

Stock or modified type springs?
Maltese Falcon
Performance;
Aasco in the OC , Ca.
Ask for Randall !
PanelBilly
I guess I should check with Webcam and see what they recommend. I'm putting in 464/465. I guess they are also called GE40
Mark Henry
Pretty sure you're talking /6, so you should provide that info when asking.

Real high-perfomance Aasco, but if we are only talking hot street then the Eibach springs should do just fine
I'm using a WEB 120/102 (mod S or GE60 comparable) and I got the Eibach springs.

20444-212 Eibach EVS valve springs, 911 set
http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/eib-...12/applications
Mblizzard
Are you wanting strictly new or good used?
sixnotfour
I guess I should check with Webcam and see what they recommend. I'm putting in 464/465. I guess they are also called GE40

You should go with what monty wants you to go with...or who ever is building the engine... you want some 9k rpm springs , I have some from Eric Shea"s engine, wear your cam out springs, Your not a racer...

web cam web springs .. 7500 reliably, past that you will need more mods elsewhere...
PanelBilly
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Feb 1 2014, 05:33 PM) *

You should go with what monty wants you to go with...or who ever is building the engine... you want some 9k rpm springs , I have some from Eric Shea"s engine, wear your cam out springs, Your not a racer...

web cam web springs .. 7500 reliably, past that you will need more mods elsewhere...

Monty's not doing this one. Haven't decided yet. John Of Autosport Seattle is doing the machine work and will likely do the assembly too. He sent me a note after i wrote this and said to verify with Webcam on the springs. He's thinking they will say OEM and then I'll go with new. I understand the higher strength ones cause more wear and aren't recommended unless the engine will be rev'd high and there's frequent chances that shifts will be missed causing over reving
sixnotfour
ask john, he is very knowledgeable person...

I love how you always answer your own questions..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.