Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S cutting up a 73 pats car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
camikearo
sawzall-smiley.gif cutting it up let me know what you need lots of other parts for sell as welll
porsha916
hi, why are you cutting it up???
Take Care
BILL
camikearo
QUOTE(porsha916 @ Feb 2 2014, 11:29 AM) *

Take Care
BILL

i bought these cars to part out and sell to fund another project of mine... they where basket cases and i didnt want to send alot of time and money to get them going again..
SpecialInt
QUOTE(camikearo @ Feb 2 2014, 11:32 AM) *

QUOTE(porsha916 @ Feb 2 2014, 11:29 AM) *

Take Care
BILL

i bought these cars to part out and sell to fund another project of mine... they where basket cases and i didnt want to send alot of time and money to get them going again..

Pat will be upset that your cutting up his/her car. cheer.gif
shoguneagle
Make sure you are ready to cut. There may be parts still on the car(s) such as the electrical harness which may be worth saving if mostly intact; separate at the seams as much as possible to allow the sheet metal to be used; take out the r&P steering; just to mention a few items.

OF ALL THINGS, MAKE SURE SIR ANDY GETS THE VIN#S FOR HIS RECORDS.

All parts are getting harder to find; instead of cutting up the "residual" try to sell them as a complete rolling chassis which is said assuming they are not full of rust and worthwhile passing on.

Just a few of my thoughts.

Steve
carr914
Do you have anything beside sheet metal - I'm looking for a 73 2.0 FI system
MassTeener
id like the small left & rght engine grill vents!

i see one just laying there

thnaks
ndtman
I don't know exactly what they're called, but I could use some sheet metal frame material from the passenger compartment. My rocker panels rusted through, and the lower part of the inside frame tunnels (that house the heating tubes on each side) need to be replaced. In your photos, you can see the brown heater hose coming out the top of them. They're about 45" x 3.5" x 7", and are spot welded to the outer edges of the floor. I was going to fabricate them and patch them in, but it would be easier if I could get good used ones instead. Let me know what you think.
914forme
So yes I would pull the front sway bar if I was you, they are worth a few bucks.

Other than that, I am out unless it does not work out for a part I am hoping to get out of cincinnati.
CptTripps
I'm looking for this section. I can give you better measurements if you're willing to cut this piece for me.
michael7810
Please PM me if the front sway bar is available?
ndtman
Click to view attachment

This is the part I am inquiring about. I wasn't able to get a good photo of it in my car, so I downloaded one from this forum that shows the front half of the part I am asking about. I circled the part in green, although I also want the unshown back half of the part as well. I would want the few remaining inches of floor pan that extend outwards from this part to be included, as well as a few inches of the metal that it attached to front and rear.
I for sure need to replace this on the drivers side, but will need to do a little more checking into the rust damage on the other side to determine if it needs replacing.
What would it run for this to be cut out and shipped to me in 56560?
camikearo
QUOTE(ndtman @ Feb 3 2014, 10:00 PM) *

Click to view attachment

This is the part I am inquiring about. I wasn't able to get a good photo of it in my car, so I downloaded one from this forum that shows the front half of the part I am asking about. I circled the part in green, although I also want the unshown back half of the part as well. I would want the few remaining inches of floor pan that extend outwards from this part to be included, as well as a few inches of the metal that it attached to front and rear.
I for sure need to replace this on the drivers side, but will need to do a little more checking into the rust damage on the other side to determine if it needs replacing.
What would it run for this to be cut out and shipped to me in 56560?

not a problem.. if i cut it, i will give you the whole outside into the floor.. if you can get me some messurements. or points to cut it at would be great... I'd ask 100-150 a side depending on how long / easy these are to remove.. does this sound fair? as for shipping i cant tell you untill i have it cut out and get size and weight of the box... but i will ship it to you for cost im not going to try and make money off shipping,.. i feel thats wrong. thanks and let me know
puffinator
What does the front of the car look like?
wndsnd
how much for the passenger rear fender from the door sill back to at least rear of fender well?
rick 918-S
What does the front clip look like? I am interested in complete front fenders Maybe the whole front clip.
euro911
Also, if you're going to crush the remainder of the carcass, try to save little parts like the rubber fuel line and brake supply line grommets, rear proportional brake valve, front and rear tunnel access plates, etc. if they're in good condition. idea.gif
rmdinmd
what does driver door look like?
camikearo
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 4 2014, 09:39 PM) *

What does the front clip look like? I am interested in complete front fenders Maybe the whole front clip.

the front is clean.. except for the passangers fender it was in a crash, but damage is just in the outer sheet metal. i will get better pictures here as soon a weather lets me
TeenerTim
If Rick doesn't take the fenders or the front clip I need the drivers side weather strip channel from mid-wheelwell down around the headlight to the front. Don't want to ruin a fender sale if you have one.
hotlanta914
If you do not sell the entire front clip, I would be interested in the front trunk floor. I have a car that had AC installed and I may want to weld in a replacement piece.

Thank you,

Brian
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.