Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'M SO MAD I HAVE TO USE CAPS!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TeenerTim
I'm mad and disappointed and depressed and frustrated all at the same time. I just can't believe all of my stuff is gone. It was in a shed at my friends rental house. I was living there when I started my 914 project. It needed a lot of love but it was a complete 1970 with all of the original parts. Then I had to move to an apartment for a while and he didn't have any problem with me keeping all of my take-off parts in the locked shed. I went out today to pick up my side-shift tranny for Dr. Evil's tranny clinic next weekend and everything was gone. I mean everything! Here's a list of what I know was taken at this time:

Complete 2.0L engine (was taken off of the stand, stand left behind).
Box of really nice 2.0 engine tin.
Side-shift tranny with the proper linkage, rods, and engine mount bar.
Gas tank, overflow tank, sending unit and hardware.
Nice rear bumper, I guess the front bumper wasn't nice enough to take.
All of the stainless trim.
Complete set of early rear calipers I was going to send to Eric next week.
A complete and assembled 944 engine.
A complete but partially dis-assembled 944 engine.
A pristine set of stock headers and mufflers for my CBR1000F Hurricane.
A rear wheel, hub, and sprocket for CBR1000F.
Countless small parts, screw. bolts, and things I have discovered are missing yet.
Even the boxes the parts when in were taken.

This will cost me thousands of dollars to replace and is a huge setback just as I was about to restart the project. I'm so upset and I had to vent to someone that would understand that it wasn't just a bunch of greasy old car parts.

ar15.gif icon8.gif hissyfit.gif WTF.gif
ConeDodger
sad.gif
biosurfer1
Sucks...seems like a lot of stuff to be taken without anyone seeing anything
Krieger
That really sucks mad.gif Not blaming, but does ex roomy have any clue?
PanelBilly
Start searching craigslist. Sorry to hear this news
TeenerTim
QUOTE(Krieger @ Feb 2 2014, 04:09 PM) *

He's trying to reach the last renter but hasn't called me back. I tried the neighbors but no one answered the door. I moved the car to my new house last fall and everything was still there.
Dr Evil
Should be able to cross reference those parts for sale.....but the timeline is iffy. Sucks man.
TeenerTim
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 2 2014, 04:13 PM) *

Should be able to cross reference those parts for sale.....but the timeline is iffy. Sucks man.

Not sure what I'm going to do this weekend now.
Dr Evil
I wish I had a core for ya, but it is going to the raffle. I will gladly refund ya and hook you up with a rebuild later. Or, I can keep the dough and do the rebuild for you when you get another core. Let me know how I can help.
scotty b
I've got a trans for you. Also have a 1.7 long block and tin if you so desire. Most likely have a complete set of calipers I was going to give to Eric anyway. I have a stack. Come up, have fun, rebuild your new tranny beerchug.gif
TeenerTim
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 2 2014, 04:23 PM) *

I wish I had a core for ya, but it is going to the raffle. I will gladly refund ya and hook you up with a rebuild later. Or, I can keep the dough and do the rebuild for you when you get another core. Let me know how I can help.

I have the tail-shift tranny I was going to trade you but I don't know if I want to rebuild that one. All the linkage and rods for that one were taken too. I'll let you know tonight or tomorrow. Thanks.
bzettner
QUOTE(TeenerTim @ Feb 2 2014, 03:13 PM) *

He's trying to reach the last renter but hasn't called me back. I tried the neighbors but no one answered the door. I moved the car to my new house last fall and everything was still there.

The last renters! They should be at the top of the list of suspects. 24 hours a day to wonder what is locked in the shed behind their temporary abode. I can't imagine someone taking such an array of parts that didn't already have a place to sell them. This really sucks! ar15.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 2 2014, 04:27 PM) *

I've got a trans for you. Also have a 1.7 long block and tin if you so desire. Most likely have a complete set of calipers I was going to give to Eric anyway. I have a stack. Come up, have fun, rebuild your new tranny beerchug.gif

I have a gas tank and most of the side shift parts including the engine bar. I already promised the shifter away but the rest is yours if you want it. I'm headed down to spectate/heckle at the trans clinic so give me a heads up if you want the parts. Mark
bulitt
Call the police and file a complaint.
Call your insurance company and see what is covered.
Get the appraised value.
What isn't covered you can write off on your tax return if you itemize.
It probably won't make you whole, but its a start.
Jeffs9146
Ask your friend if he has renters insurance! It was stolen from him so his insurance should cover it!

arkitect
Sorry to hear about you losing your parts, pretty frustrating.

I had my old house up as a rental, was using an attached single car garage with my tools stored. When the renter moved he used his kids to to help him break in and steal everything.

Dave
TeenerTim
QUOTE(bzettner @ Feb 2 2014, 04:32 PM) *

QUOTE(TeenerTim @ Feb 2 2014, 03:13 PM) *

The last renters! They should be at the top of the list of suspects. 24 hours a day to wonder what is locked in the shed behind their temporary abode. I can't imagine someone taking such an array of parts that didn't already have a place to sell them. This really sucks! ar15.gif

I know. Who would take three complete engines? My guess would be they're at the scrap yard.
TeenerTim

Scotty, that would be awesome. I still have the original 1.7 so I don't need that. I have everything I need for a full-on 5-lug brake upgrade except the rear calipers. So a pair of those to be rebuilt would be great too. Thank you so much.
TeenerTim
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 2 2014, 04:32 PM) *

I have a gas tank and most of the side shift parts including the engine bar. I already promised the shifter away but the rest is yours if you want it. I'm headed down to spectate/heckle at the trans clinic so give me a heads up if you want the parts. Mark

Thanks Mark. I was ready to give up on the clinic but you and Scotty have changed my mind. You guys sure are a great bunch. I'll be there and will accept your generosity. Thanks again. aktion035.gif
Mblizzard
I can hook you up with some core 2.0 heads and tin when you are ready. I have a 1.8 short block that is yours if you want it.
BMXerror
Looks like you've got lots of offers, but I've got a side shifter in need of rebuild for you as well. I also have complete linkage that I'll give you for the price of shipping. PM me if you're interested. Sorry you've had to experience the shitty side of people. ar15.gif
Everybody else, keep a look out on the Classifieds for brand new people selling these parts.
Mark D.
76-914
West Coast here but I've got the tank overflow part ('73) & shifter for shipping. LMK
mepstein
QUOTE(TeenerTim @ Feb 2 2014, 05:05 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 2 2014, 04:32 PM) *

Thanks Mark. I was ready to give up on the clinic but you and Scotty have changed my mind. You guys sure are a great bunch. I'll be there and will accept your generosity. Thanks again. aktion035.gif

No prob. PM me with a wish list before next Sat and I'll throw together a big box of joy for you.
anderssj
Sorry to hear of your loss. I've got a pretty complete '72 parts car about 30 miles away in Yorktown. 1.7L with original FI, tail-shifter, etc. Lemme know . . . .
boxstr
I have bunch of parts at CAMP 914, if you can send a list I will see what I can put together or you.
Craig at CAMP
Luke M
QUOTE(TeenerTim @ Feb 2 2014, 02:04 PM) *

I'm mad and disappointed and depressed and frustrated all at the same time. I just can't believe all of my stuff is gone. It was in a shed at my friends rental house. I was living there when I started my 914 project. It needed a lot of love but it was a complete 1970 with all of the original parts. Then I had to move to an apartment for a while and he didn't have any problem with me keeping all of my take-off parts in the locked shed. I went out today to pick up my side-shift tranny for Dr. Evil's tranny clinic next weekend and everything was gone. I mean everything! Here's a list of what I know was taken at this time:

Countless small parts, screw. bolts, and things I have discovered are missing yet.

This will cost me thousands of dollars to replace and is a huge setback just as I was about to restart the project. I'm so upset and I had to vent to someone that would understand that it wasn't just a bunch of greasy old car parts.

This sucks for sure and the same thing happened to a friend of mine.
Here's what happened to him and the outcome.

He rented a two car garage that he had two 914's, a Harley, and a bunch of parts in. He had rented the garage for a second year while he was getting his new place squared away. Unknown to my friend the homeowner was foreclosed on by the bank while he rented the garage the second time. One day he needed a part and went to get it from the garage. Guess what it was empty and the house boarded up with a for sale sign out front. He made several attempts to get a hold of the homeowner but got nowhere. He called the realtor who had the listing to find out of the foreclosure. He called the bank and they told him that he was out of luck as they hired a company to clean out the garage and junked everything in it. The banks answer was to file a police report and file a claim with the insurance company. That also went nowhere because they(the insc co.) told him that he would need to file a claim with his rental insurance policy which he did not have nor thought that he would need at the time. He called and checked the local junk yards but no luck. He never found his 914's , his Harley, nor any of his parts even with all the paperwork for them. In total he lost out on close to $30000.00 .
He did get a police report but that's all he has to show for the missing stuff.
The one thing that may have helped him was to get renters insurance. I have rented storage units in the past and have always had renters insurance, pics, and documents of items within. Sorry this happened to you but it maybe at your best interest to check the f/s ads in the local papers, any f/s listings online, ebay/craiglist and local pawn shops. Most criminals are stupid and if they are on drugs they will be easy to catch up with. It may take time but get as much documents/list of parts/pics as possible. Once you have this go file a police report if not done so already.
It's going to take some investigating on your part but hey you never know.
Hope it works out for you.
sixnotfour
scrap yard recycled,, sorry man...
weird how they left a few items ???
post a list like criag said....
ruby914
sad.gif So sorry to hear this.
It was planed in advance. More than one guy, with a truck or van.
Well, hope you get lucky and find them. ar15.gif ar15.gif
Old Yella
MOTHER FUCKERS boom.gifboom.gifboom.gifboom.gifboom.gifboom.gifboom.gif
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(TeenerTim @ Feb 2 2014, 04:04 PM) *

Sounds to me like an 'Inside' job, they knew they had the time to lift all of it. Bob
Cairo94507
I hate thieves. I hope your friend had some kind of renter's insurance or that the former tenants speak up and advise that their movers cleaned out the shed by mistakeā€¦.
euro911
In my case, the police report would probably be for assault once I found the fuchin' thief chair.gif
TeenerTim
Was just looking at a photo of my car and realized both rockers and both valences were taken too.
mepstein
QUOTE(TeenerTim @ Feb 4 2014, 04:07 PM) *

Was just looking at a photo of my car and realized both rockers and both valences were taken too.

I'll see what I can do on the valences
Trippin
Hey I have gas tank and some fiberglass rocker. The rockers aren't perfect but if you need them your more than welcome to them. I'm just couple hours away in Caroline County. I also have a rear bumper will need some work it paintable not chrome
jim_hoyland
If you enter the two vehicles VINs into the database along with the information about the theft; someone may see the cars and check the VIN database. A long shot, but worth the effort.
flippa
That sucks!!! I hate thieves!

I lost a whole parts car a while ago to some scumbag thief. It was stolen from the seller's shop. I got my money back, but I would have rather gotten the car. It was mechanically unmolested and had a complete set of ATS rims. sad.gif

Let us know what you are missing & need for parts Tim. I have a ton of spare stuff.

TeenerTim
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 4 2014, 09:40 PM) *

If you enter the two vehicles VINs into the database along with the information about the theft; someone may see the cars and check the VIN database. A long shot, but worth the effort.

No cars taken. Just parts from my 914 and a past 944 project.
TeenerTim
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 4 2014, 06:12 PM) *

QUOTE(TeenerTim @ Feb 4 2014, 04:07 PM) *

I'll see what I can do on the valences

Will probably do a spoiler in the front and fiberglass in the rear. Thanks though.
Eric_Shea
Sounds like an inside job.

I'll sell you a pair of calipers at the regular price and negate the core charge. That should solve that problem.

When you're ready...

sad.gif
TeenerTim
Mentally going over car front to back last night and remembered my pedal assembly was out for rust abatement and was sitting on the now empty work bench. I will need one of those.
TeenerTim
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 5 2014, 09:53 AM) *

Sounds like an inside job.

I'll sell you a pair of calipers at the regular price and negate the core charge. That should solve that problem.

When you're ready...

sad.gif

Thanks Eric. Filed my taxes last night and will finish my brake system as soon as I get my refund. It's a very good thing I moved all of my NEW parts when I moved the car.
mepstein
QUOTE(TeenerTim @ Feb 5 2014, 09:53 AM) *

Mentally going over car front to back last night and remembered my pedal assembly was out for rust abatement and was sitting on the now empty work bench. I will need one of those.

I'll throw one in the box biggrin.gif
TeenerTim
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 5 2014, 10:10 AM) *

QUOTE(TeenerTim @ Feb 5 2014, 09:53 AM) *

I'll throw one in the box biggrin.gif

Awesome Mark.

I want everyone to know how grateful I am for the outpouring of support and donation of parts. This wasn't a solicitation for parts just a rant and a warning to keep an eye on your stuff. If I'm ever able to do the same for another teener I will definitely pay it forward. Thanks again. pray.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.