Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Running Corvair 6 motor conversion- SOLD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
JRust
This is a cheap bolt in 6 conversion. Not sure on the HP numbers. Supposed to be around 110 in stock form. This has been reversed to work in the 914. Which is supposed to bump the hp a bit. It has dual weber 44's adapted to it which the weld job is less than stellar on. Here is a link to my thread on the car. There are multiple angle's & more info there
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=213617

Price reduced -$1000 for the motor & conversion. Which include's dual exhaust, motor mount, Adapter plate, Flywheel & starter. Not sure if this flywheel is the same as a stock 914 one (tooth & diameter wise). The starter is also a custom welded job. This takes no custom modifications. It will bolt right in & go. I pulled the drivetrain to replace the suspension. Then got some parts for the motor. I bought, Valve gaskets, & new exhaust donuts to fix an exhaust leak. All will be included.

While you can install this as is. I would buy it with plans to improve the carb setup. The welding on the heads is fugly even if it is functional. I don't think the weber 44's are really a good setup for them either. I'll leave what you do with it up to you. It really is a cheap way to get a six in there. Doesn't require a remote oil pump & is a very solid motor.
JRust
Wow not even a nibble yet? Didn't think I had it overpriced idea.gif

icon_bump.gif
JStroud
Wow, surprised its still available, I thought it was a good deal. confused24.gif
No way to get that HP for the $.

Jeff
Dr Evil
This is a great deal. If I lived closer it would be mine. I would Ebay it as you will reach less purists.
JRust
Heading to ebay after the weekend if nobody steps up interested. You seriously can't get this HP any cheaper. Replace your worn out 4 even temporarily while you build a big 4. Keeps you driving plus get's you more HP.
JRust
SOLD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.