Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Warning about SpecialInt
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Big Len
I'm not saying not to do business with him, but be very careful.

Bought a set of wheels w tires after sending a check which was cashed. A full month of excuses about shipping followed after not hearing from him. Finally, after repeated messages and finally threatening to call the local P.D., got them without lug nuts which were part of sale. I've given up on getting the nuts and I personally would not buy from this person again unless I could drive there and pick up. Be very careful.
MikeInMunich
QUOTE(Big Len @ Feb 3 2014, 03:56 AM) *

I'm not saying not to do business with him, but be very careful.

Bought a set of wheels w tires after sending a check which was cashed. A full month of excuses about shipping followed after not hearing from him. Finally, after repeated messages and finally threatening to call the local P.D., got them without lug nuts which were part of sale. I've given up on getting the nuts and I personally would not buy from this person again unless I could drive there and pick up. Be very careful.

I'd like to add that I have spoken with this guy, Courtney, on the phone. He's in MD and has a stash like no other. 13 914s...22 911s...a few 356es and what may be the largest collection of Fuchs in the world.

He sounds like a nice and straight up guy to me and I think he just may have gotten off to a bad start. He doesn't have a Paypal account, though he may set one up now since he's getting into selling off some stuff.

I am buying an Amco console and some other things off of him and expect it will run smoothly.

Mike in Munich
jimkelly
specialint, you are looking at this thread at this very moment. so what about the lug nuts? are you on the up and up, cause people would like to buy from you AND receive the parts. jim
SpecialInt
Thanks Mike.
Len, i honestly keep forgetting to get the lug nuts out of the drawer they are in and send them. Also since you brought the duration to ship the wheels I really have no choice but to mention this. My wife took the wheels Fargo check you sent to our bank M&T where they requested we take the check to the bank it was drawn on. She took it to Wells Fargo in Olney MD and they said they could not cash the check and recommended she contact the issuer and request a good time for her to bring the check back. So she took it back to our bank and deposited it anyway. The check did clear but our bank recommended we we wait ten days before shipping.

I took the wheels to a pack and ship store where the wheels sat for close to a week while I thought they had been shipped. I only realized they had not when Len contacted me about them and an update. The pack and ship was trying to send them freight which was not what I requested. I drove back to the store picked them up bought packing and strapping material and scheduled the delivery and pickup online. The UPS account was new to me which I had opened for just this reason. When the UPS guy came we had to void and print the labels again.

Either way Len should receive his lug nuts and the timely shipping of what he bought is my responsibility.
Also I would accept a check from Len again. I have never much trusted what banks tell me and it always seems they try as hard as they can not to cash or honor a check if you don't have an account with them.

jimkelly
I use paypal all the time for years and it works well for me and most buyers like it for the protection it offers, you really should get set up today with paypal.

also, whenever there are issues with shipping or payment, it only takes a minute to update buyer as to any delays, and it helps to eliminate any bad publicity.

who else on 914world have you sold to recently? maybe you can ask them to post a comment here.

and I usually ship usps flat rate box and email my buyers a copy of the receipt, usually the same day as payment if paypal says payment is confirmed and buyer is long time 914world member.

thanks
jim
SpecialInt
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Feb 3 2014, 04:59 AM) *

I use paypal all the time for years and it works well for me and most buyers like it for the protection it offers, you really should get set up today with paypal.

also, whenever there are issues with shipping or payment, it only takes a minute to update buyer as to any delays, and it helps to eliminate any bad publicity.

who else on 914world have you sold to recently? maybe you can ask them to post a comment here.

and I usually ship usps flat rate box and email my buyers a copy of the receipt, usually the same day as payment if paypal says payment is confirmed and buyer is long time 914world member.

thanks
jim

Anything that won't fit in a USPS flat rate box I send by UPS ground.

I have read good and bad things about paypal

I am in the process of setting up a simple website with a merchant account so a buyer can pay with paypal or CC.

I had a Square Account but they don't accept international payments.

I sent Bruce Stone free parts
I sold seats and back pad to someone in Cali.
I sold a set of four 3 piece wheels to trekker
I sold some door panels to a gent in Idaho(I think that's were he was)
Other small stuff

And out of the drawer they come Len.
jimkelly
things are looking up : )

all the best!

jim
rhodyguy
in think i bought the door cards from you. no probs. sent you a USPS money order and received the parts. i'd get a new bank. my bank accepts personal checks made out to me all the time. cashing checks at the bank that the check(s) are drawn on works but a fee is usually charged. using a they pack and ship store is too expensive and it has to come out of your end or the buyers. they charge and if they don't ship in a timely fashion the buyer gets unhappy, pm/emails start flying, frustration and paranoia set in, and the whole deal goes south in a hurry.

here's how to ship wheels. free boxes from my local tire store, 2 per box, iirc about $37 per box via USPS with the online est. i use a 10001 zip if i don't have the real one and thats the shipping cost.
jimkelly
len,

ask specialint to ship the lug nuts and their associated studs non shouldered I think as seen in his photo (and washers if he has them).

our cars hubs are female threaded.

jim
SpecialInt
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 3 2014, 05:23 AM) *

i'd get a new bank. my bank accepts personal checks made out to me all the time. cashing checks at the bank that the check(s) are drawn on works but a fee is usually charged. using a they pack and ship store is too expensive and it has to come out of your end or the buyers. they charge and if they don't ship in a timely fashion the buyer gets unhappy, pm/emails start flying, frustration and paranoia set in, and the whole deal goes south in a hurry.

here's how to ship wheels. free boxes from my local tire store, 2 per box, iirc about $37 per box via USPS with the online est. i use a 10001 zip if i don't have the real one and thats the shipping cost.

Your right about the banks however my relationship with my bank is very good and I believe they felt it would not clear.
These wheels had tires so I strapped them together in two sets of two with mega zip ties then padded and wrapped them with the big plastic wrap rolls used for moving.

Oh which reminds me I sold a set of chrome repro Fuchs to a fellow on here as well a few weeks back. They had no tires and i used the boxes they came in to me.

I have some cool wheel boxes from years of buying wheels.
I actually have boxes that Fuchs wheels came in from porsche and boxes that Fuchs were sent to a supplier in Germany called Luk (I think) for some reason maybe a supply depot or something.

Thanks for the tips on shipping

Big Len
I buy and sell vintage stereo equipment on Ebay quite a bit and soon may offer some 914 parts that I've gathered here in this section.

As a seller, I have a responsibilty to describe the item to the best of my ability, pack the item so that it safely arrives at the buyers door, and follow up to make sure that person is happy with their purchase. It's my reputation that is a big part of any sale, not just the item itself. Any seller who's in it for the long term knows and respects this.

If there are any issues with that purchase - delivery, payment, a return, an undisclosed problem that was discovered, I will make repeated efforts to let that buyer know exactly what's going on and keep them informed. Most sellers are buyers, so we know that's the way WE want to be treated. A buyer from me should expect nothing less.

I could post copies of emails and texts in this case, but I won't. Suffice to say be aware of what's promised and finalize payment only after you're satified.

SpecialInt
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Feb 3 2014, 05:30 AM) *

len,

ask specialint to ship the lug nuts and their associated studs non shouldered I think as seen in his photo (and washers if he has them).

our cars hubs are female threaded.

jim

The wheels Len got were shelby wheels and need the shoulders on the nut and a stud.
The picture below is what I think was used on his wheels and what I plan on sending.
I could be wrong but I'm pretty are these are the ones.

The ones at the end of my knurled paw pointer.

jimkelly
awesome as those washers may not be as easy to source as I think they may be : )

BuddyV
QUOTE(SpecialInt @ Feb 3 2014, 04:45 AM) *

Thanks Mike.
Len, i honestly keep forgetting to get the lug nuts out of the drawer they are in and send them. Also since you brought the duration to ship the wheels I really have no choice but to mention this. My wife took the wheels Fargo check you sent to our bank M&T where they requested we take the check to the bank it was drawn on. She took it to Wells Fargo in Olney MD and they said they could not cash the check and recommended she contact the issuer and request a good time for her to bring the check back. So she took it back to our bank and deposited it anyway. The check did clear but our bank recommended we we wait ten days before shipping.

I took the wheels to a pack and ship store where the wheels sat for close to a week while I thought they had been shipped. I only realized they had not when Len contacted me about them and an update. The pack and ship was trying to send them freight which was not what I requested. I drove back to the store picked them up bought packing and strapping material and scheduled the delivery and pickup online. The UPS account was new to me which I had opened for just this reason. When the UPS guy came we had to void and print the labels again.

Either way Len should receive his lug nuts and the timely shipping of what he bought is my responsibility.
Also I would accept a check from Len again. I have never much trusted what banks tell me and it always seems they try as hard as they can not to cash or honor a check if you don't have an account with them.

Seems sincere to me..... more than I can say for others that have been called out for questionable service.

Good posting.
76-914

Thanks Mike.

Another Wells Fargo customer here with a similar story. Two weeks ago I deposited a $1200.00 check in their ATM. A message popped up saying this check may be returned and that there would be a service fee attached if so. I had never seen this before so I took it inside and was told the same thing. Not wanting to piss off a customer w/ a returned check charge (they are long time customers) I placed a "courtesy call" to ask if I should hold the check for a few days. They told me to run it thru; that acc't had over $7k in it. WTF.gif I got egg on my face with that one. Also a little tip. Chase charges you to cash one of their clients checks if you do not have a bank acc't with them. However, if you have a Chase CC they will waive the fee. Glad to see this is working out for the best. Rant over.
Big Len
This is not about a check. This is about completing a shipment in a timely fashion and keeping the customer informed of ANY issues or delays.
SpecialInt
QUOTE(Big Len @ Feb 3 2014, 12:59 PM) *

This is not about a check. This is about completing a shipment in a timely fashion and keeping the customer informed of ANY issues or delays.

Len, honestly I have no problem with your post except that it was not as simple as me cashing your check and waiting till I felt like shipping your wheels while feeding you bs excuses the whole time.

If you feel I did not keep you as well informed as you would have liked? For that I'm sorry.

You mentioned vintage audio? Car audio?
If so I am willing to ship you(in a timely manner) free of charge, one of my many vintage amps as a way of showing that I'm not just out to make a buck and so that you have something for extra time it took to get your wheels.
One of my favorites is what I will offer. A Precision Power (PPI) Art Series Water Cooled 2 Channel Sub Amp.
If your into vintage car audio you know the amp.

Let me know if you want it and I will get it out to you.
bulitt
QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 3 2014, 02:04 PM) *

Thanks Mike.

Another Wells Fargo customer here with a similar story. Two weeks ago I deposited a $1200.00 check in their ATM. A message popped up saying this check may be returned and that there would be a service fee attached if so. I had never seen this before so I took it inside and was told the same thing. Not wanting to piss off a customer w/ a returned check charge (they are long time customers) I placed a "courtesy call" to ask if I should hold the check for a few days. They told me to run it thru; that acc't had over $7k in it. WTF.gif I got egg on my face with that one. Also a little tip. Chase charges you to cash one of their clients checks if you do not have a bank acc't with them. However, if you have a Chase CC they will waive the fee. Glad to see this is working out for the best. Rant over.

Some banks try to maximize the $$$. They deposit the check money in their que and capture interest $, finally after 7 days they release the face amount to you. Sort of like "checks deposited after 200pm will be credited to your account the following business day". They use the money for a day- This is big $$$

Often if you do not have sufficient funds in your account, they will make you wait for the check to clear.
r_towle
I am looking for some 8 inch Fuchs for flared car.

Looking for four of them....or some 8 and 9

Got anything.
Big Len
QUOTE(SpecialInt @ Feb 3 2014, 05:13 PM) *

Len, honestly I have no problem with your post except that it was not as simple as me cashing your check and waiting till I felt like shipping your wheels while feeding you bs excuses the whole time.

If you feel I did not keep you as well informed as you would have liked? For that I'm sorry.

If so I am willing to ship you(in a timely manner) free of charge, one of my many vintage amps as a way of showing that I'm not just out to make a buck and so that you have something for extra time it took to get your wheels.
One of my favorites is what I will offer. A Precision Power (PPI) Art Series Water Cooled 2 Channel Sub Amp.

Courtney - There is no need for that, the lugs are enough.

As any seller should realize, your reputation is everything if wanting to sell more than one item. I'll pay extra to buy something from a good one vs. someone who doesn't. Strive to go beyond your buyer's expectations.
I think this thread is finished.
carr914
QUOTE(Big Len @ Feb 3 2014, 03:59 PM) *

QUOTE(Big Len @ Feb 4 2014, 07:17 AM) *

As any seller should realize, your reputation is everything if wanting to sell more than one item. I'll pay extra to buy something from a good one vs. someone who doesn't. Strive to go beyond your buyer's expectations.

Yeah, I figured you beat this Dead Horse 10 Feet Under when it could have been handled privately - dead horse.gif
SpecialInt
QUOTE(Big Len @ Feb 4 2014, 04:17 AM) *

Point taken and well said.
I will certainly make your recommendations a goal.

Thanks
william1764
Class act SpecialInt
wndsnd
Seems like this situation was explained, corrected, and resolved amicably to the satifaction of all parties. Maybe it is time to edit the title in fairness to the seller.

John

grouphug.gif
carr914
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Feb 5 2014, 08:41 AM) *

Seems like this situation was explained, corrected, and resolved amicably to the satifaction of all parties. Maybe it is time to edit the title in fairness to the seller.

John

grouphug.gif

agree.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 5 2014, 08:44 AM) *

QUOTE(wndsnd @ Feb 5 2014, 08:41 AM) *

John

grouphug.gif

agree.gif

agree.gif It's not like he pulled a dAnNy.
wndsnd
DanNy's engine after much consternation and alteration exists in this prima donna tub.......

Click to view attachment

OU8AVW
Big Len, at 27 posts you should acquiesce to the above request and alter your title. The elders have spoken.
76-914
agree.gif If not would a moderator edit. Absence of malice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.