Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche 914 Fuel Injection Trigger Points 914 1970-1976 1.7 and 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
gcrotvik
No affiliation. I found these on eBay. Maybe they are not as rare as thought. 10+ available. $80.00 each, NEW.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231107732758?_trks...AIT#ht_25wt_789

Greg
bdstone914
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Feb 3 2014, 08:09 AM) *

No affiliation. I found these on eBay. Maybe they are not as rare as thought. 10+ available. $80.00 each, NEW.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231107732758?_trks...AIT#ht_25wt_789

Greg

I wonder if these are Chinese copies. The color of the fiber parts looks brighter than the originals.
brant
interesting...
and I need a set

but also sounds like a little too good to be true?
has anyone reading this bought a set yet?
what was your experience if you did?

brant
gcrotvik
QUOTE(brant @ Feb 3 2014, 08:06 AM) *

interesting...
and I need a set

brant

Hi Brant,

The way I look at it is, with PayPal and eBay guaranteeing satisfaction, you have nothing to lose but the use of $86.00 for a couple of weeks. eBay is very good about full refunds, including shipping charges if you are not satisfied. The seller has 100% feedback.

Yes, I’m being slightly caviler with someone else’s money but had I not just purchased a set, I would buy several sets just to stockpile for the future.

Here is another set from a different seller: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-1970-1...r#ht_2068wt_789

Greg
brant
Greg,

where did you buy yours and have you installed them yet?

I think I will order a set
however... realistically... I won't get them installed until the snow melts
and once they are installed... they won't be returnable

I would love to hear where you got yours and if they worked when you installed them?

I think I'll order a set... I can search for used, but it would be happy/lucky/good if these were useable replacements at a reasonable price.

brant

QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Feb 3 2014, 09:17 AM) *

interesting...
and I need a set

brant

Hi Brant,

The way I look at it is, with PayPal and eBay guaranteeing satisfaction, you have nothing to lose but the use of $86.00 for a couple of weeks. eBay is very good about full refunds, including shipping charges if you are not satisfied. The seller has 100% feedback.

Yes, I’m being slightly caviler with someone else’s money but had I not just purchased a set, I would buy several sets just to stockpile for the future.

Here is another set from a different seller: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-1970-1...r#ht_2068wt_789

Greg

gcrotvik
Hi Brant,

I bought them here on 914World from Koozy. I have not installed them yet. I won't start my motor rebuild for another 6-12 months. I have a used set that work but I wanted a new set, "just in case." I paid $200 for them.

Why not send a message to the seller on eBay? Usually, you can tell a lot about a sale based on the seller's answers. Often the seller can provide you with a number to call them directly. As I said, the seller has 100% feedback.

It's worth a shot.

Greg

QUOTE(brant @ Feb 3 2014, 09:15 AM) *

Greg,

where did you buy yours and have you installed them yet?

I think I will order a set
however... realistically... I won't get them installed until the snow melts
and once they are installed... they won't be returnable

I would love to hear where you got yours and if they worked when you installed them?

I think I'll order a set... I can search for used, but it would be happy/lucky/good if these were useable replacements at a reasonable price.

brant

QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Feb 3 2014, 09:17 AM) *

interesting...
and I need a set

brant

Hi Brant,

Greg

kkid
If not Bosch, No thanks, can't spend that much for mysterious parts.
bdstone914
QUOTE(kkid @ Feb 4 2014, 11:28 AM) *

I inquired to the seller who said he did not know who made them or in what country they were made. I compared the picture to some Bosch point and there are differences.
I would guess they are Chinese. If you look close you can see rust on the bar to which the braided wire connects.

If anyone is interested I have several pairs of good used points for $25 per set.

Bruce

kkid
also their cam blocks? are already deteriorated. Made out of 4K old clay or something?

gcrotvik
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Feb 4 2014, 11:04 AM) *

QUOTE(kkid @ Feb 4 2014, 11:28 AM) *

I inquired to the seller who said he did not know who made them or in what country they were made. I compared the picture to some Bosch point and there are differences.
I would guess they are Chinese. If you look close you can see rust on the bar to which the braided wire connects.

If anyone is interested I have several pairs of good used points for $25 per set.

Bruce

Thank's Bruce for checking these out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.