Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gas Tank Sealer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
RobertD
Tying to fight the winters grip here in KY, so the minds loose and wondering. Working on my old 914 project, at least in my mind for now, but I have a question that maybe someone else can answer.
I have my gas tank removed from the car and I wish to seal the inside of the tank with any of the gas tank coating kits on the market, to of course prevent any rust in the fuel system. My question is it might be months or more before the tank will be put back into service. I haven't found anything out about if this will cause any problems? I mean setting dry without gas in it? I would think that the sealer would cure better that way? Any thoughts?

Thanks Robert in cold and snowy KY
CptTripps
Wrong forum...post this in "The Garage" so you'll get answers. biggrin.gif
RobertD
Sorry just seen I was in the wrong forum.

QUOTE(CptTripps @ Feb 3 2014, 07:10 AM) *

Wrong forum...post this in "The Garage" so you'll get answers. biggrin.gif

PanelBilly
I did mine years ago and it looks fine. I also have an extra kit I'd love to sell but I'm afraid they don't like these liquids sent in the mail
euro911
Billy, you can ship stuff like that via UPS, and possibly FedEx
RobertD

Bill what is the price for the kit with shipping to 41051? Thanks...Robert

QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Feb 3 2014, 10:03 AM) *

I did mine years ago and it looks fine. I also have an extra kit I'd love to sell but I'm afraid they don't like these liquids sent in the mail

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.