Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Spring Indentification
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kkid
Hey,

What's the rear spring rating for red/orange paint code?

I see one on e-bay and might consider it depending on the weight.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181205447509?item=...123&vxp=mtr

Thanks in advance,

kkid

r_towle
stock is something like 75 lbs.
aftermarket "stock" is something like 100 lbs.

From there, as far as I know, you jump to 140 progressive springs, or 180 lbs non progressive springs.

Rich
worn
QUOTE(r_towle @ Feb 3 2014, 11:18 AM) *

From there, as far as I know, you jump to 140 progressive springs, or 180 lbs non progressive springs.

Rich

Hey Rich,
While we are talking about springs, can you or anyone else give any suggestions on what spring rate to use for a six conversion? 3.2. I am guessing the originals are too soft.
Thanks
Warren
motorvated
QUOTE(worn @ Feb 3 2014, 02:55 PM) *

Rich

Hey Rich,
While we are talking about springs, can you or anyone else give any suggestions on what spring rate to use for a six conversion? 3.2. I am guessing the originals are too soft.
Thanks
Warren

When I pulled my rear shocks off my '72 /4, one spring had green and one had red. Here's the thread from my inquiries on the forum
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=227882&hl=

r_towle
QUOTE(worn @ Feb 3 2014, 04:55 PM) *

Rich

Hey Rich,
Thanks
Warren

What will be the purpose of the car?

I would suggest you get bilsteins or koni rear shocks, add the adjustable perches for the nascar style 2.5 inch diameter springs.

They are much lower cost than stock diameter, and you can step up at 5 lb increments....

Front, stock torsion bars, big sway bar with adjustable features to allow you to tune the front end.

Suspension is very application specific.
If you build the front as I suggested, you can do anything with the front....get good strut, koni or bilsteins.
For the rear, get two sets of shocks and springs....it's two bolts to swap them for the weekend....btdt.

Rich
tomeric914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Feb 3 2014, 02:18 PM) *

180 also comes in progressive. I just sold a pair.
Steve
QUOTE(worn @ Feb 3 2014, 01:55 PM) *

Rich

Hey Rich,
Thanks
Warren

I have a 3.2 with a 901 gear box. I run 21mm front torsion bars, with a 22mm front sway bar. In the rear I run 140 pound springs with a stock rear sway bar. I just upgraded to a heavier 915 gear box, so I will probably try 165 pound springs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.