Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alternator Cooling duct/backplate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bulldog9
Just picked up a new alternator, but it doesn't have the cooling plate/duct for the back of the alternator. Anyone know where I can get one? I am google challenged, but have not been able to find one. Thanks!
Bruce Stone mentioned to me awhile back ...VW type 3 used the same or some thing very close to it...call a local VW shop.
luskesq
Or, simply PM Bruce Stone (BD Stone) and ask him if he has one. His prices are very reasonable.

Keith
bdstone914
Yes I can get you one.

It is the trigger point on type III that are the same as 914. Not sure if the alternator plates are the same.

Bruce
zambezi
Type III's only had generators. The type 4 motored buses (type II's) had alternators
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(396 @ Feb 3 2014, 07:46 PM) *

Bruce Stone mentioned to me awhile back ...VW type 3 used the same or some thing very close to it...call a local VW shop.

Type 3s used a generator, and it was out in the open air on top of the engine. Not gonna be of any help.

The Cap'n
lonewolfe
QUOTE(zambezi @ Feb 3 2014, 09:12 PM) *

Type III's only had generators. The type 4 motored buses (type II's) had alternators

Yes, but the alternators are a little bit different. The backplate and the boot that attaches to it are different than on the 914.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.