Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTF are these for ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
euro911
Mark (Mikey914) tossed a bag of these in with my last order. There were 14 of these little 'plugs' in the bag, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what they're for dry.gif

Anyone? ... Bueller? confused24.gif

24mm O.D.

Click to view attachment

6mm thickness

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
I do know,
1. those are the oldest, almost the cheapest, pair of vernier calipers I have ever seen.

2. you are on some kind of top secret mission because you have no finger prints.

Guess,
1. They look like they could work for 911 window frame bolt access hole plugs ?????
jimkelly
what was in your last order?

could they be undrilled grommets?
nathansnathan
I was going through some parts and found something similar. Those do look aftermarket because mine are rounder at the edge and have a part number iirc. I'd labeled the bag as part of the headlight buckets. I am thinking that is the one that is obscured beneath the lid adjuster on the top rear of the headlight buckets? -I could be wrong here. biggrin.gif

IPB Image
76-914
They're DAPO plugs. Soon to be available in all sizes. happy11.gif
ConeDodger
Just talked to Mark and asked about these for you. He said, "That's where they went! Have him send them back..." lol-2.gif av-943.gif

Glad I could clear up the mystery for you... smile.gif
euro911
Working on next Christmas' list early

Gift ........................... Coal

..................................... 4not6 slap.gif
Jim Kelley
Nathan
..................................... 96-714 chair.gif
..................................... ApexDodger bootyshake.gif
SLITS
butt plugs
stugray
They look to be almost exactly the right size to plug the holes if you remove the windshield wipers...
euro911
I treated the 'BB' to a German Loop carpet set for Christmas. Mark tossed a bunch of 'freebies' in the box - some products that aren't on the web store yet. Even Mark isn't sure by the description I gave him, so I posted the pix and enjoying the responses.

'butt plugs' confused24.gif ... I guess I need to reevaluate who I associate with out here, (Ron) poke.gif

P.S. I do own a nicer set, Jeff shades.gif

Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
My Wife keeps track of tool calibration, You should see the so called bad ones she brings home, I was gonna send you a pair, Butt, you showed me....hahaha
r_towle
Those are for rust replacement therapy.

Each time you see a small rust spot starting, drill out the spot to match the inner diameter of the special enclosed plugs, and snap one right in place.

Over time, your car will transform from a rusty shitbox into a modern plastic sports car.

Could you post some close up pics of the german loop carpet please smile.gif
76-914
Who the Hell is 96-714? I want two of whatever your taking. What'd ya pull that price tag off of? stirthepot.gif
euro911
QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 4 2014, 03:52 PM) *

Who the Hell is 96-714? I want two of whatever your taking. What'd ya pull that price tag off of? stirthepot.gif
happy11.gif

Bought those 'expensive' ones at the company employee store about 30 years ago. I only use those for the finer things in life - the cheeeeep HF ones for approximate measurements shades.gif
wndsnd
Hmmm .... I wonder if they would fit the Ziebart Rust treatment holes drilled all over cars sold in the Northeast?
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Feb 4 2014, 07:59 PM) *

Hmmm .... I wonder if they would fit the Ziebart Rust treatment holes drilled all over cars sold in the Northeast?

NO
rmital
...when I first saw the plug, thought it was part indicated in the image below.
the big red arrow pointing the aleged part...not really thinking that's it now....
rgalla9146
QUOTE(rmital @ Feb 6 2014, 12:56 PM) *

...when I first saw the plug, thought it was part indicated in the image below.
the big red arrow pointing the aleged part...not really thinking that's it now....

I'm with sixnotfour
They look like the plugs for the window frame hardware on 356 and 911
Not too sure about 24mm though... and didn't they have circles molded in ?
Hey Ray ! got frostbite yet ?
rmital
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Feb 6 2014, 01:11 PM) *

...... Hey Ray ! got frostbite yet ?

I'm so sick of this snow/ice.... bs.gif
I never was so looking forward to Spring as this year hissyfit.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.