Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Bay color!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Hey all I'm getting ready to put my 73' 2.0 up for sale. I had the car painted & they did everything but the engine bay! So my car is a beautiful dark metalic blue. Yet my engine bay is a very yellow yellow. As I painted all the engine tin tellow when my engine was out. Of course that was when I was going to keep it the original
yellow. So know I'm going to fix that. Any particular colors look great in there. I was thinking of doing spray on bedliner stuff on the walls. Any suggetions? I was thinking of doing some kind of dark grey. rolleyes.gif Of course I got it painted over a year ago. Haven't got around to fixing that engine bay yet. Go figure a project not done on my aptly named Leech!
seanery
Have some of the paint they used for the car mixed up and put in spray cans and do it that way.

It'll look great! tongue.gif
GWN7
What he said....match the colour. clap56.gif
RustyWa
Seeing spray on bedliner would make me think of RUST! I would use paint and match the color.
JRust
Point taken on the bedliner & rust! I do have some of the paint. I will paint the bay that color. How about the engine tin! Paint to match also or just go black? I'm also going to move my Optima battery up to the front trunk! May battery tray is intact but has some rust on the tray. Nothing below the tray though thank goodness. My engine sound pad is kinda toast though. What do you guys suggest for replacing that?
seanery
take out the pad and clean it up and the paint the whole thing. It makes for a clean looking engine bay.
RustyWa
Ask Brad what he thinks about relocating the battery..... biggrin.gif HEHE

ar15.gif mueba.gif
JRust
ok I'll bite! Hey Brad what do you think about relocating the battery?
JRust
Allright I'm pulling my engine this weekend & doing the engine bay! I've got some time on my buddy's lift so it's now or never. Anyone have a good way to get the crap behind the sound pad off. I am ditching my sound pad like suggested. A wire wheel? Belt sander? What man I'm open to ideas?
JFJ914
I've used CRC "Green" brake cleaner, and I' ve heard that mineral spirits works verry well. It will just flow off.
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(GWN7 @ May 27 2003, 08:43 PM)
What he said....match the colour. clap56.gif

agree.gif
JRust
Well crap. It's next Saturday! Now I gotta figure what to do tommorow. Maybe I'll just go for a little joy ride. Last time I had my engine out it was out for about 6 months rolleyes.gif
rhodyguy
jamie, do the match. do the bottom of the engine lid too if you haven't. triads battery bolt down plate would cover the rust in the tray. bat in the front? no.

kevin
Bleyseng
laquer thinner removed all the glue from the back pad as its some kind of contact adhesive.
Paint it to match!!

Geoff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.