Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Committee Meeting #1
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
sgetsiv
Meeting #1 Agenda

1. Where will it be held? Should we just do Tahoe?

2. When? Obviously that will depend on the place we choose.

3. Discuss rough schedule of events.

4. Identify all the tasks that need to be delegated / completed and make a list.

5. Delegate as much as we can.

6. Identify items that need to be put in front of the whole community for input.

Let's try to have a conference call by the end of next week. Assuming we are all West Coast, how about 5:30pm on Wednesday Feb 12? Anybody have a conference call service? Do we all use Skype?

Please suggest an alternate time if you can't make 5:30pm on Wed Feb 12.

Thank you,

Steve
ConeDodger
I'm not sure you'll be able to get together by phone. I know for one thing, Jim Dupree jcd914 would be coming home from work on a busy freeway at about that time.

I'd suggest having a virtual meet here on the forum. I will put my input in in a second here...
ConeDodger
QUOTE(sgetsiv @ Feb 5 2014, 10:53 PM) *

Meeting #1 Agenda

1. Where will it be held? Should we just do Tahoe? I vote Tahoe

2. When? Obviously that will depend on the place we choose. The weekend before Memorial weekend

3. Discuss rough schedule of events. Generally the events follow this pattern. Thursday evening meet and greet. Parking lot BS. Friday, drive #1 BBQ in the lot. Saturday, Autocross/track event or people's choice car show option, Drive #2 one last dinner together. Sunday, depart or hang out participants choice.

4. Identify all the tasks that need to be delegated / completed and make a list. jcd914 is a Zymurgist (makes beer as a hobby). As he has said, he can try to get a beer makers competition going. Roadglue has a talent for putting together drives. He put together the last one which we called the Targa Tahoe. You should also have a shorter fun themed one like a poker run. Jeff Stroud is a contractor. He has said that he can put awards together.

5. Delegate as much as we can.

6. Identify items that need to be put in front of the whole community for input. Don't do that. There are 1000's of members and you will go nuts trying to please everyone. It's your event, own it.

Let's try to have a conference call by the end of next week. Assuming we are all West Coast, how about 5:30pm on Wednesday Feb 12? Anybody have a conference call service? Do we all use Skype?

Please suggest an alternate time if you can't make 5:30pm on Wed Feb 12.

Thank you,

Steve
ConeDodger
If you'd like, I can see if I can get Ken Schipper to work up some artwork for a t-shirt. You'd have to firm a location though...
JStroud
Have to agree with Rob, phone conference doesn't seem feasable, Jim is out of town on vacation, not sure about Brett, and I don't usually get home from work til 6-7 PM.

That and no one else has posted, seems grimm.

Jeff
JRust
Yes keep the planning here. Don't post on the Forum for input from everyone. Just to many people & you can't please everyone. So make it as easy on yourself as possible.

Stick with Tahoe if that works for you guys. Please take input from those who have been through it. Having said that it's just input. Your planning it so do what works for your committee. I'm happy to give my input & will help but it's not exactly in my neck of the woods. So as Rob said. OWN IT!

Above all keep it simple. This doesn't need to be a big stress on you. IT can be if you take to much on & have to many things to worry about.

I think there is a free go to conference or something. I'm fine with a group call of some kind. I think I have Skype setup but can do FaceTime for sure
Mikey914
I'll be flying, but I'm good with whatever works for you guys. I will be donating a bunch of stuff again. I do believe we need to to pick a time and place, check on room rates and post as soon as we can so people can plan on attending.

I used priceline to get the rate, I didn't have to give a guarantee until 30 days prior, and the contract had no penalty. I committed to 12 rooms and 30 days prior I could modify the number, going over was not a problem, but as only 12 rooms were blocked out for us, it was a wake up call for people to make the reservations.

http://findgroupdeals.hotelplanner.com/GroupForm.cfm
biosurfer1
hey...the password worked this time. Sorry for being late to the forum.

I'm happy to be the treasurer again, and I can help out checking out places in Tahoe and coordinating a room rate, etc.

Memorial Day is the 26 so if we want to do it before then, I'd vote for May 15-18, otherwise just about any weekend in summer is nice in Tahoe but the crowds might be worse once school gets out.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Feb 12 2014, 06:57 AM) *

hey...the password worked this time. Sorry for being late to the forum.

I'm happy to be the treasurer again, and I can help out checking out places in Tahoe and coordinating a room rate, etc.

Memorial Day is the 26 so if we want to do it before then, I'd vote for May 15-18, otherwise just about any weekend in summer is nice in Tahoe but the crowds might be worse once school gets out.

Agreed May 15-18
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.