Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Moving my teener from Vegas to St. Pete Florida
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
73cool
So, in 2 weeks my '73 will be shipped to my new home in Largo, FL- outside of St. Pete. Any of you guys know of a good mechanic and body shop? No more garage, but the car will live in a storage unit.
Click to view attachment
I have a couple of areas on the driver's door that will rust through with the salt air. Any leads are appreciated. Cheers, Joe
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(73cool @ Feb 6 2014, 05:46 PM) *

So, in 2 weeks my '73 will be shipped to my new home in Largo, FL- outside of St. Pete. Any of you guys know of a good mechanic and body shop? No more garage, but the car will live in a storage unit.

I have a couple of areas on the driver's door that will rust through with the salt air. Any leads are appreciated. Cheers, Joe

Was wondering what was happening with you Joe! I'm at the very north end of St. Pete, close to Largo. Frank Eibell is near us and is a recognized German shop. There are a few others, but not many of them do rust repair. T.C. (carr914) has a legitimate body guy in Clearwater, which isn't far. But I can do patches as well as most standard welding. Don't have a paint booth, so if you need something professionally painted, you'd have to go there.

A storage unit isn't a bad idea - we get a lot of rain during the Spring/Summer. But the horror stories about salt only apply to those within a few hundred feet of the beach. You're much farther inland than that. Send me a PM when you're settled in. Looking forward to meeting you beerchug.gif
73cool
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Feb 6 2014, 03:00 PM) *

Was wondering what was happening with you Joe! I'm at the very north end of St. Pete, close to Largo. Frank Eibell is near us and is a recognized German shop. There are a few others, but not many of them do rust repair. T.C. (carr914) has a legitimate body guy in Clearwater, which isn't far. But I can do patches as well as most standard welding. Don't have a paint booth, so if you need something professionally painted, you'd have to go there.

A storage unit isn't a bad idea - we get a lot of rain during the Spring/Summer. But the horror stories about salt only apply to those within a few hundred feet of the beach. You're much farther inland than that. Send me a PM when you're settled in. Looking forward to meeting you beerchug.gif

Thanks, and I'll PM you later in the month. Cheers. biggrin.gif

carr914

Click to view attachment

All Paint Guys have inhaled too much Chemicals (especially our own Scooty). My guy is good and reasonable but is horrible at Customer Service (Returning Call or Texts). Salt Air is overrated here unless you are close to the Water

There are a few good wrenches including Carlos Debonis, who George knows, but his shop is across the Skyway down in Bradenton

T.C.
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 6 2014, 07:56 PM) *

There are a few good wrenches including Carlos Debonis, who George knows, but his shop is across the Skyway down in Bradenton

T.C.

Yeah Carlos is the man. pray.gif I've been learning a lot from him and got to hang out all weekend at the 48 Hours of Sebring last weekend soaking up knowledge. As T.C. said, it's a bit of a drive to get out to him, but you can trust that the job will be done right every time. I don't think he really has any interest in welding, bodywork, etc. though. I think between T.C., Paul, Chad and I though, you should be in good shape Joe - we'll take care of ya and most of us work with for beer.
73cool
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Feb 6 2014, 05:22 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 6 2014, 07:56 PM) *

T.C.

Yeah Carlos is the man. pray.gif I've been learning a lot from him and got to hang out all weekend at the 48 Hours of Sebring last weekend soaking up knowledge. As T.C. said, it's a bit of a drive to get out to him, but you can trust that the job will be done right every time. I don't think he really has any interest in welding, bodywork, etc. though. I think between T.C., Paul and I though, you should be in good shape Joe - we'll take care of ya and most of us work with for beer.

I'll supply beer and pizza LOL. beer3.gif Look forward to meeting you guys.
chads74
Glad to see we are adding another teener to the area. Looking forward to meeting you.
73cool
QUOTE(chads74 @ Feb 7 2014, 07:24 AM) *

Glad to see we are adding another teener to the area. Looking forward to meeting you.

The car just arrived in Largo yesterday. Lost one center cap which should prove challenging to replace. Dirty as hell. Cleaned it up and put it in the storage facility. Runs better here for some reason!
chads74
So... When is the bbq???
76-914
From the newest city to the oldest.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.