Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Regular Coilovers instead of stock rear shocks?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
quadracerx
Hey Guys...

I'm back to work on the V8 project, finally!! New front A-arm Suspension is in, start of the roll cage is in....

I'm to the point of deciding about some of the rear suspension.... So, here are my basic questions...

1) Id like to use some shorter double adjustable coilovers in place of the long stock units... Has anyone done this in conjunction with additional rear bracing and roll cage supports....?

2) Either that or I buy a coilover conversion setup for the stock rear shocks and still do some reinforcing in the rear suspension area...

Once the cage is complete I will begin a thread with lots of pictures... but the progress has been slower than I thought because I am not a fabricator...

Thanks for your input in advance... Maybe I should have put this in the road racing section? If so, can one of the admins do it please...?

Steve "Go Hawks!!
J P Stein
No need to get too cute. Most important is the make of shock and the spring rate.
Im a Bisteing fan so that was easy for me....had them revalved.
The springs get a touch tricker. One needs to choose a set up where the spring is easily changed and not too pricey (both set up & springs) cause you're gonna find the right spring rate.....which means swaping springs.....I started out at 140s & ended up at 300s and I didn't have a giant iron lump in back. Springs cost 60 bucks a pop 5-6 years back.... Coleman racing'sl east expensive alternative. Big buck springs are out there but I never had a problem with the cheepos.

I never had the reinforce the stock upper mount.......but see "giant iron lump". biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.