Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shift knob
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ajco
Looking for an original shift knob in good + condition. Please let me know if you are willing to part with one.
euro911
Pelican sells Dansk repros starting at less than $30.

From what I hear, they look pretty good confused24.gif

Click here

Click to view attachment
SpecialInt
QUOTE(ajco @ Feb 6 2014, 08:56 PM) *

Looking for an original shift knob in good + condition. Please let me know if you are willing to part with one.

I have an original knob w/ crush ring
$150 shipped.
Tom_T
Also FYI - Porsche Classic Parts has been making these new again for a couple of years, since they also fit the 911/912 with 901 transaxles, so you can get them new from any Porsche dealer or parts supplier. The part number can be found on the Porsche website under classic parts (I don't think they list it as a 914 part, but it's the same one with, 1st down left & R up-left).

The P dealers also will usually give PCA members a discount of 10, 15 or 20% on parts too.

If you're looking absolutely correct & new for a concours resto, then I'd go that route since the clear & balck plastic parts will be fresh materials & unlikely to crack anytime soon.

IIRC they were about $175 for genuine part (+ crush sleeve), so not cheap & ,maybe repro or Special Int's NOS part will fit the bill.
backcove
Second dibs. PM sent.
Robert5995
SpecialInt -

I would be down for your wonderful shift knob. Let me know if you still have it, thanks!

- Rob S.
rcsteinway@earthlink.net
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.