Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another 914/WRX on the Road
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DBCooper
My son bought a half-completed project, just got it on running and is driving it to work this week. It may only be temporary, but mine's still faster. He has a JDM WRX motor so will have more horsepower, but he doesn't have the intercooler plumbed yet, meaning I'm running more boost.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

What's cool is that someone was copying my build thread here, so they bought all the same parts that I have. My son's building his out like mine (which turned out pretty well) so when he's done we'll have two cars that are more or less the same. His car's in really nice shape. Still has the 901 transmission, which is too bad, but he doesn't yet have the cash to make the switch. Window tint's a bit overdone, also needs some tires, but we'll get there. In the meantime now that it's on the road he can start having fun with it, which makes all the work worthwhile.

Only lousy thing is that he really is faster than I am and I'm not going to be able to hide it any more. Once he gets the intercooler in I'm going to have to fake illness or something or he'll find out that I can't keep up. Crap.
TargaToy
That is a beautiful car. Congrats on the new addition to the family!

Are those 16x8 Fuchs it's wearing?
r_towle
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Feb 7 2014, 09:18 PM) *

My son bought a half-completed project, just got it on running and is driving it to work this week. It may only be temporary, but mine's still faster. He has a JDM WRX motor so will have more horsepower, but he doesn't have the intercooler plumbed yet, meaning I'm running more boost.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

What's cool is that someone was copying my build thread here, so they bought all the same parts that I have. My son's building his out like mine (which turned out pretty well) so when he's done we'll have two cars that are more or less the same. His car's in really nice shape. Still has the 901 transmission, which is too bad, but he doesn't yet have the cash to make the switch. Window tint's a bit overdone, also needs some tires, but we'll get there. In the meantime now that it's on the road he can start having fun with it, which makes all the work worthwhile.

Only lousy thing is that he really is faster than I am and I'm not going to be able to hide it any more. Once he gets the intercooler in I'm going to have to fake illness or something or he'll find out that I can't keep up. Crap.

Be nothing but proud if and when he beats you.
Just curious, what did he pay for a non running project?
Andyrew
Awesome!

That pic makes it look like its near the bangs industrial district. Are you and your son in Modesto still?
rick 918-S
Nice!
2mAn
wow, that looks great. what color is that?
CptTripps
I've been reading in our PMs that he was working on something, but to get it on the road do fast is awesome.

Now...show us pics of the parts that count. :-)
ruby914
That's great DB.
I think you've still got him until he pulls the 901 out.
That's something I'm finally getting around to. Thanks for all your pioneering work. beerchug.gif
CptTripps
QUOTE(ruby914 @ Feb 8 2014, 03:35 AM) *
Thanks for all your pioneering work.

Yeah...I've got to say. Just about any abandoned Subie project is bound to have some part that was copied from your build.
DBCooper
No TargaToy, he wishes they were eights but they're 16x6 front and 7 rear.

I'm already proud, Rich, but I think you can tell that. I'm thinking my best strategy will be to fake that I'm "letting" him win, like when he was about six. He and I will both know i'm foolin, so that should work out OK for both of us.

Yup, Andrew, both still here. I'm retired, he's a design engineer.

Well, it's blue, of course, re-painted in what I think is Porsche Alaska blue.

Why thanks, all in pursuit of More Fun. The nice irony is that it was my son Thomas and especially his friend Jeff who built my car, which is why this is so cool. They saved me from putting a V8 into it, and I'll be eternally grateful for that, but the cool turn is that Thomas liked the end result so much he's ended up with one for himself, a "dad's" car. I like that part.

Oh, another update, this is that pretty girl in my build thread, a little older now, trying on mommy's glasses:

IPB Image

And listening to AM talk radio:

IPB Image

It's good to be a grandpa.

jimkelly
to me, that is a beautiful 914 !!!

granddaughter too : )

my oldest is in college, gonna be a great day when he brings a new Kelly into the world : )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.