Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MY 75/76 catalytic converter control
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
wolle914
My 914 2.0 of MY 76 was tranferred from Texas to California in 1985 and was converted to the Californian emission control standard (Catalyst, EGR). However, the temperature sensor for the catalyst and the related relais as well as the indicator lights were never installed. I now want to complete this work and need a picture of a rear trunk of a 75 or 76 model showing the installed relais below the interior part of the left tail light housing as well as the placing of the wiring harness from the relais to the catalyst. Where is this harness passing throught the base plate of the rear trunk ? Can anyone post a photo ? Thanks !

wolle914

1976 914 2.0
2000 Boxster S
2011 Cayenne Diesel
Krieger
I removed this harness years ago from my 75. It is overspayed in red paint so its fairly easy to see. Not plugged to chassis harness on right side of photo. The chassis harness has the plug built in (white). Folding metal tab to hold the harness to body- below and right of trunk latch mechanism. The relay is in the correct position. There is a single screw hole in the body to mount the relay.
Krieger
Here is the hole to mount the relay.
Krieger
The hole is 16mm wide and 84mm from the trunk latch/bulkhead to the center of the hole. My 72 does not have this hole or the folding metal tab. beer3.gif
wolle914
Hello Krieger:
thank you very much - the pictures will help me to authentically install the relais and the wiring harness.
wolle914 beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.