Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PBIR this weekend
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Seabird
Hey everyone I am planning to driving up Sunday morning to watch the HSR races in Palm Beach. Anyone planning on racing? Would love to put faces to the names of folks here.

Regards,

Miguel
Jetsetsurfshop
Hey Miguel,
Went to an AutoX or I would have gone. Did you see any cool 914s? Kevin Wheeler's bring anything?
Secondly, are you going to the NASA 29-30 event? I'll be there. Would be cool to meet you and see your car.
Shane
Seabird
Yeah Shane there were a few cool 914's this weekend, including two that Kevin brought. I showed up with a dead battery on my camera but a friend of mine brought his Nikon SLR so I let him do the work biggrin.gif . As soon as he gets me the pics I'll post them here.

I did take a few with my phone and made some animated gifs;lets see how this works; give it a second to load up:
IPB Image

I went on Sunday and by then only one of the /6 was racing. Carlo Falcone was the driver and he was putting in some great laps. Apparently he won the evening enduro on Saturday night.

I got to chat with Kevin and a few of the event organizers which was nice. Looks like a very laid back group of guys. I am looking forward to running with HSR next year.

I am planning on going to Sebring in March. Still hoping too. I cut my left index finger's tendon three weeks ago working on the car and have been out of commission since. Had to have surgery to repair the tendon and its still in a splint. Thursday I should be getting the stitches removed and I will be able to start using the hand again. The lesson here is; if you are going to use a grinder on a small piece of metal don't hold it in your hand headbang.gif

I'll be there even if I have to run the e30 one more time.

Miguel

carr914
Brian Johnson's Wife's 914-6 Blew Up it's Motor
Jetsetsurfshop
Wow lesson learned. Did some grinding tonight, thought about you...
Hope to see you in March.
Shane
Oh, cool videos-pic thing. beerchug.gif
Seabird
Stitches out Thursday so I have been back to work on the 914. The sad part is when I got back to the hood pins, which is what I was working on when I cut myself, I decided to go a different direction and did not even use the offending piece of metal. :shrug:

Here is another gif from a different lap. That 911 would get the better of the /6 on the straights but the /6 would just pass him back in the turns.

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.