Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VINs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mrholland2
hi All,

I was wondering where all of the VINs are on a 72 914?

Also, where are all the chassis numbers?

Thanks

Sean
Socalandy
VIN locations, A pillar, right inside fender top/ stamped, right side headlight bucket and compliance decal on drivers door jam.

Chassis #, Karman badge drivers side door jam, right rear trunk floor/ stamped and hand writing on metal dash frame
mrholland2
I'm trying to find the "right inside fender top" . . I assume that is the passenger fender. . front?

And when you say "headlight bucket". . all I can think of is the metal part that you adjust the headlights with? Or am I as clueless as I think?

Thanks

Sean

QUOTE(Socalandy @ Feb 10 2014, 12:59 PM) *

VIN locations, A pillar, right inside fender top/ stamped, right side headlight bucket and compliance decal on drivers door jam.

Chassis #, Karman badge drivers side door jam, right rear trunk floor/ stamped and hand writing on metal dash frame

SLITS
QUOTE(mrholland2 @ Feb 10 2014, 01:07 PM) *

I'm trying to find the "right inside fender top" . . I assume that is the passenger fender. . front? Yes

And when you say "headlight bucket". . all I can think of is the metal part that you adjust the headlights with? Or am I as clueless as I think?Yes

Thanks

Sean

QUOTE(Socalandy @ Feb 10 2014, 12:59 PM) *

The bucket is what the headlight assembly fits and folds into.
Socalandy
Open your front trunk, aluminum plate riveted to the pass. side headlight bucket.

Also in the front trunk, top of the pass. side fender next to the octane decal
SirAndy
QUOTE(mrholland2 @ Feb 10 2014, 12:33 PM) *
I was wondering where all of the VINs are on a 72 914?

Also, where are all the chassis numbers?

This page
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...&action=add
has popup pictures of all the locations.

Look for links starting with "Locate your ..."
shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.