Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are Boyd wheels worth?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
A guy wants to trade me some of my bug stuff for some almost new Boyd wheels, 5- bolt Porsche pattern, 8 inch with a 5 inch backset. Stupid me, I didn’t check to see if they were 15 or 16 inch.
They are a billet “marker flag” style 2 left and 2 right (directional), with a big hex head center cap. I’ll get some pic’s soon. The car was sold without the wheels.

I would need to get at least $500 US for them when I sell. They are no good to me, I have a narrow body.
Do you think that they’re worth it?

Sorry if you think this should be in the classifieds.
Thanks Mark.
boxstr
I would ebay them and I think you should be able to get your money. I have looked at a 914 with a set of Borbet Billet wheels 8x16 and 10x16that the seller paid $1500 for them. Not my cup of tea.
CCLINWHEELVILLE
rick 918-S
Boyd is big with the street rodders... I don't think they have porsche bolt patterns though.. confused24.gif
Mark Henry
This is the wheel
Mark Henry
What is the size of the 5 bolt porsche pattern?

Also I noticed that the center is welded to the rim, Could one cut and narrow a rim like this?
Mueller
5x130mm

I'd pass on those, it'll take forever to get rid of them unless you find someone that needs 15x8's on all four corners which in that case, they'd more than likely go with Fuchs.
seanery
doesn't toyota have that bolt pattern on its small trucks?
Aaron Cox
ive seen those on chevy's and street rods numerous times. heck, uve even seen 'em on custom astro vans ( icon8.gif ). what is the chevy 5 bolt pattern?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.