Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Tube Frame
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Stutgart46
I just picked up a '74 roller and I am thinking of going with a Sheridan body kit. Underneath all of that I would like to go with as much tube frame as possible. I can imagine that building a tube frame is like art and most guys express their ideas with their designs. But, is there a standard or some type of model I could use to get started? I also understand that this is racing and this info is usually kept pretty confidential but I was just asking.
I am not doing this all myself. I have a friend here in Houston that owns a Porsche Racing Shop that is going to help.
Dave_Darling
I believe Gunnar Racing's website has pics on a few tube-frame or semi-tube-frame 914s. http://www.gunnarracing.com .

A recent thread on this BBS features a link to more pics of the construction of a tube-frame 914. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=ST&f=2&t=22988

Somewhere around here are pics of Brad's tube-frame car. Search for "novato swap pics" and you'll probably come up with something.

--DD
URY914
Chad,
That's one of those easy questions to ask, but hard to answer. It all depends. IPB Image
It can be a long and expensive project.

Call RacerChris or Brad to discuss it first.
SirAndy
here are a few pics ...
tube-frame 914 with a Sheridan body kit ...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
SirAndy
more ...
SirAndy
nuther
SirAndy
Roger Sheridan's Car ...
SirAndy
more ...
SirAndy
nuther ...
SirAndy
front ...
SirAndy
nuther
SirAndy
last one ...
Stutgart46
Thanks alot Andy. Those are some great pics. IPB Image
Sheridan's car looks like it belongs in NASA exhibit.
sixnotfour
Sheridan's car is still the coolest, That thing is Bad Ass.
I could not wait for the next month's magazine article when he was building it . IPB Image
Mueller
I like the in-car, driver adjustable swaybars on Rogers car...awesome vehicle, looks even better in person.... IPB Image
Jeroen
someone just posted a tubeframed 914 roller with sheridan bodywork for sale on rennlist (914 e-mail list)
asking $4000 IIRC
might be a good starting point IPB Image
Jeroen
Andy, thanks for posting the pics of Sheridan's car. Hadn't seen those before
(saved them to add to my fettish collection IPB Image)
URY914
here are some mo
URY914
Brad's
URY914
Blakewell
URY914
Brad's
URY914
wdth
URY914
adfg
URY914
xxxx
URY914
xxxx
URY914
sss
URY914
ddff
URY914
ddd
URY914
rrf
URY914
dds
URY914
dds
URY914
dds
URY914
gteen
URY914
eeed
URY914
URY914
rree
URY914
ssss
URY914
URY914
GT1 not a 914 but.....
URY914
GT1
URY914
IPB Image
URY914
No two are the same.

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
neo914-6
Beautiful but how much 914 is required to still call it a 914? IPB Image I see about 30% of the sheet metal...
Felix
Stutgart46
Nice pics. Thanks a lot Paul.
I'm not real sure what to do with this thing. I like the idea of your spyderGT. That may be an option. I've never owned a 914 Spyder. I wish I had the ability and/or the $ to build a Spyder similar to the Brumos car on my avatar. What a sweet ride.
Maybe a 914 Spyder GT in Jagermesiter livery?
Jeroen
here's some more...
Jeroen
asdfasdf
Jeroen
safd
Jeroen
asdf
Jeroen
asdfasdf
Jeroen
adsff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.