Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - looking for a program.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Engman
Anyone out there use one that they can recommend? Pagemaker works - but does 1 page at a time and puts it into pagemaker. Tried several other converter programs (trial versions) and they do not handle any graphics very well.

Someone said this list is better than Google - and I agree!

M
914GT
Mark

Open the PDF with Acrobat, then click File | Save As then select Microsoft Word (.doc) file type. This works with Acrobat 6.0. If you only have Acrobat Reader then you may have to settle for a 'select all' and then copy/paste into Word unless you can find a thrid-party conversion program.
aircooledboy
QUOTE (914GT @ Jan 5 2005, 10:19 AM)
Mark

Open the PDF with Acrobat, then click File | Save As then select Microsoft Word (.doc) file type. This works with Acrobat 6.0. If you only have Acrobat Reader then you may have to settle for a 'select all' and then copy/paste into Word unless you can find a thrid-party conversion program.

IPB Image

But only the full version of 6.0 will do it. I have to file Federal briefs in .pdf, which always start out as WordPerfect or Word docs here. I tried lots of other ways (read:cheap bastard didn't want to spring for 6.0), and after buying 6.0 I was REALLY kicking myself for wasting all the time and effort trying other methods.
HarveyH
Even in Reader there is a Test Select and a Graphic Select tool that lets you copy material from the .pdf file. You can then paste it into whatever application you want. To copy graphics and text you may need to go back and forth a few times to get everything in the format you need. When going into Word, use the Edit/Paste Special function to make sure you paste things in the wy you want them (either as text or as a specific graphic format).

Harvey
rhilgers
Tried this one yet?

http://www.bcltechnologies.com/document/so...ns/desktops.htm

In a former life, I worked there.. sort of, long story.

It normaly rates high with users.

-Rich Hilgersom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.