Five cars nominated and seconded.
Poll to open soon.

The contestants this month are:
Bob - Saigon71
Chris - Campbellcj
Bill - WLD914
Paul - 914itis
Ethan - 914kid

COTM March-April 2014 - 914World members, call for nominations for COTM (Classic version- open to any and all 914s). Here are the guidelines as used in the past for COTM
All 914World members are welcome to nominate any 914 in this COTM contest.

1. Nominate your choice for COTM through Feb 21st (no self nominations).
2. Nominated cars must be seconded by another 914world member to be officially nominated (only those 914s seconded will be part of the poll).
3. The first five (5) cars nominated and seconded form the roster of the poll.
4. Poll will be open for 7 days, starting Feb 22nd and closing at 23:59 EST Feb 28th.
5. Winner announced March 1st.
6. The winning car will be featured on 914World home page until the subsequent winner is announced.
7. Cars from previous month's contest are ineligible for current month's contest. Its gotta be fresh!

Best of luck to all!
type47
I nominate Bob Hill/saigon71 for COTM. His restoration is well documented in this thread and is a huge credit for him and the work he had to do to get his car on the road.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...&hl=hershey

Click to view attachment

Plus, it's an east coast car which don't get the nominations that the west coast cars do.
mepstein
QUOTE(type47 @ Feb 11 2014, 07:27 AM) *

I nominate Bob Hill/saigon71 for COTM. His restoration is well documented in this thread and is a huge credit for him and the work he had to do to get his car on the road.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...&hl=hershey

Plus, it's an east coast car which don't get the nominations that the west coast cars do.

I second. I drove the car. It looks great but what really impressed me is how tight everything feels while driving. Bob did a great job with this car.
Cairo94507
Two beauties so far….this will be tough.
MoveQik
I'll second Chris' car! One of my favorites! beerchug.gif
JmuRiz
Good start with the two members cars listed...both are very nice, and good guys too.
hot_shoe914
I nominate Bill DeWitt's (WLD914) car. Awesome looking car, great engineering done by Bill himself. Fast too!!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
jmalone
Great choices so far!
rmital
I nominate a well deserving car and an even more well deserving 914World memeber.
Paul - "914itis"

All the work Paul did on this 914 is well documented on many threads. Taking the vehicle from a beat up roller....to a flared 4 banger...then to a 6 conversion.
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 11 2014, 10:04 AM) *

I nominate Bill DeWitt's (WLD914) car. Awesome looking car, great engineering done by Bill himself. Fast too!!

I second Bills car. Even has AC and a bad ass engine. agree.gif
JRust
QUOTE(rmital @ Feb 11 2014, 07:53 AM) *

I nominate a well deserving car and an even more well deserving 914World memeber.
Paul - "914itis"

All the work Paul did on this 914 is well documented on many threads. Taking the vehicle from a beat up roller....to a flared 4 banger...then to a 6 conversion.

I'll second Paul's! Looks like some tough competition though smile.gif
914itis
Thanks guys. I will post some pictures tonight.
timothy_nd28
+1 on Paul's
oldschool
I nominat Ethan 914kid his car has been through a bunch of stages and now is looking and driving sweet! Plus the kid is very helpful to me and many others on this site.
Sorry I don't have photo of his car on my iPad.
'73-914kid
Thanks Jaime, here's a picture of the car:
IPB Image
rick 918-S
Second for the Ethan! biggrin.gif
carr914
Man, This will be a Tough Vote, All GREAT Cars and even Better People!
914outlaw
QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Feb 11 2014, 01:27 PM) *

+1 on Paul's

+2 on Paul's. I saw what it looked like before in person. Amazing transformation.
914itis
I will try to get some interior pics later.
914itis
Now
wndsnd
I vote for Pauls,

I have not seen it in the flesh yet, but I hope to this spring/summer.

Thats a "Stick to it" Project if I have ever seen one!

John
914itis
Resto & conversion thread

Link1

LINK2

LINK3
rmital
QUOTE(914itis @ Feb 12 2014, 08:28 AM) *

Resto & conversion thread

Link1

LINK2

LINK3

really....really amazing stuff. flag.gif
wish I had a fraction of his energy.
first.gif
'73-914kid
I guess this is where we post extra pictures..?
Anyways, I
I've had my car for a little over 5 years now, and for the past 4 years it's always been running. The longest it's ever been down before was for paint, which took two weeks. I managed to pull off the 6 conversion in a little over a week and a half. It sure has come a long way since I first trailered it home... It's done everything from autocrossing, to track days, and has always remained a daily driver. I'm not sure what's changed more over the last 5 years, me, or the car?

The day I brought it home:
Click to view attachment

And the various stages of life:
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Then it got a big motor, and got a paint job...

Click to view attachment

And here is how it is today:
IPB Image

I guess that's it for now, I'll have to get interior pictures later, and engine bay, and front trunk with the oil cooler duct..
ww914
I hate this part. They are all beautiful cars built by great people. I vote for all of them.
Bills914-4
Wow ! I dont know what to say ? I guess I should start with saying Thank You , and
I'll try to post up some pic's tonight , this has been a 10+ year project (closer to 15) biggrin.gif , thanks again Bill D. smile.gif

here's a older one
Click to view attachment

a newer one
Click to view attachment
saigon71
Thanks to Jim for the nomination and Mark for seconding it. It's an honor to be considered with four other AWESOME cars for COTM. smile.gif

Good luck to all! beerchug.gif

Some additional pictures:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Madswede
Maaaaan, this is gonna be tough.
URY914
QUOTE(Madswede @ Feb 12 2014, 04:05 PM) *

Maaaaan, this is gonna be tough.

I agree sad.gif
shawn914
Great response - quick set of five cars for the contest. Will set up the poll now.

(apologies, World, for the delay...between no electricity in Philly burbs and blah, blah blah in the last week 914World was errantly neglected...no excuse acceptable, I know!)
ruby914
All nice cars. But, I have to give points for guys parking in front of no parking signs.
Big points for parking in front of tripple over head Tarantulas.
beerchug.gif
'73-914kid
QUOTE(ruby914 @ Feb 12 2014, 09:13 PM) *

All nice cars. But, I have to give points for guys parking in front of no parking signs.

In my defense, that was a no overnight parking sign.. 11pm to 7am...haha
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.