Evening BBQ/Pizza ?
JRust
QUOTE(JStroud @ Feb 11 2014, 03:30 PM) *

So what for Friday?

Drive?.......Planned By?

Tech sessions?......topics?...given by?

Beer brewing competition?......Jim?

BBQ?....where?....person in charge?

A BBQ is great. Good to check with a local elks lodge or something along those lines. Makes for a nice fundraiser for them. Or just get a couple & let us all go at it. Meal plans can be basic & as nice as it is for everyone to eat together. It's fine letting people figure it out themselves. I'm a big fan of the Pizza run. It's better to incorporate that into the cost of the event though.
JStroud
If we can't BBQ at a hotel there, what about a local park, have a BBQ there then head back to the parking lot to "hang out"

Also just thought, EBS racing is in Reno, never been there don't know if they have anything to see, but could do a drive there, maybe set up a tour.
Rob?

Any other car related places we could drive too.

Also need to find a good place to take some group photos

Jeff
jcd914

beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif

HOME BREW Thoughts
(no not what I think when I drink home brew, well not everything anyway)

So what I was think for a Home Brew competition was:
A) If we get just a few brews, it just becomes a simple peoples choice contest. Leave ballots out to vote your favorite.
B) If we get several brews: I little more formal peoples choice. Unmarked samples give to tasters (anyone can be a taster) and a ballot to rank from 1st place on down.
C) If I can get enough brewers to commit to bringing beer to enter (nvot sure we have enough brewers) I know several BJCP Certified Beer judges and I might be able to get some of them to come judge the beer and give a formal judging to each entry. I would also still do the peoples choice judging like in B.

If I am going to get brew judges to come up to Tahoe I would need to offer some sort of incentive, these guys actually get invitation to judge beer competitions all over the place. I will be touching base with a couple of them since I know they are car guys as well as beer guys.

The most important part of all of this is to try and get some members to bring their home brew to share.

This is just what I have running thru my head, I am open to thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks
Jim

beerchug.gif

McMark
Last time we did the drive around the lake. Great scenery. Add in a poker run or some other gimmick and you've got a plan. We did a photo contest, but it didn't work out very well due to poor planning on our part.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 12 2014, 09:09 PM) *

Last time we did the drive around the lake. Great scenery. Add in a poker run or some other gimmick and you've got a plan. We did a photo contest, but it didn't work out very well due to poor planning on our part.

agree.gif the photo rally was fun but too hard to judge. Let's do poker with swag prizes!
JRust
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 12 2014, 11:28 PM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 12 2014, 09:09 PM) *

agree.gif the photo rally was fun but too hard to judge. Let's do poker with swag prizes!

Sounds good to me! Last WCR was my first poker run. Adds a little extra something ot a drive first.gif
JStroud
So Friday activities... Drive to Reno, kart racing?
Brew competition?
BBQ... Parking lot pizza?

We need to make decisions
larryM
EBS is known for hosting informal Friday "tech sessions"

Here is a comment from a SNR colleague who goes: "Jon Freismidl, the owner, had prepared a very tasty lunch in the shop's kitchen, Half a dozen guys hung around in the "Beer Hall" for an hour or so and talked cars. A very informal and relaxed affair that takes place every Friday, unless the boss is out of town."

suggest you contact Jon about making it a WCR destination happening & offer to have WCR pay to cater the lunch

a caravan via 50-28-431-395 or via 207-206 thru Genoa-JacksValley-395 can both be interesting drives - and have good rest areas along the route for elimination of the A.M. Starbucks - also good for group photos

partly depends on if this is a "guys" event or there will be S.O.'s involved who need alternate entertainment -

if so, where to drop them off for Reno shopping whilst hanging out at EBS - (Legends is a good place but out'a the way, tho McCarran goes full circle) (Rob ?????)

a return caravan via Virginia City loop is good twisty driving & some great viewpoints - and can take in the famous Virgina City Hill Climb route - could do that loop from either direction -- depends on plan for evening dinner or what? - could have eve meal event at VC or Gardnerville (JT's Basque - where SNR holds group events) - and everybody get back to Tahoe via 206-207

of course, there is always the National Auto Museum - and they will cater dinners

QUOTE(JStroud @ Feb 12 2014, 08:27 AM) *

If we can't BBQ at a hotel there, what about a local park, have a BBQ there then head back to the parking lot to "hang out"

Also just thought, EBS racing is in Reno, never been there don't know if they have anything to see, but could do a drive there, maybe set up a tour.
Rob?

Any other car related places we could drive too.

Also need to find a good place to take some group photos

Jeff
larryM
BBQ - there is a public park just around the corner

Kahle Community Park
236 Kingsbury Grade
Stateline, NV 89449
Phone: (775) 586-7271

- i have never driven in to look at it, so don't know about BBQ possibilities

also see Zephyr Cove Park]Zephyr Cove Park[/url]

and while there - also check out Lampe Park in Gardnerville - could be a thrilling fast drive down Kingsbury Grade if you so choose

and in the same mileage range - a really nice Park at Genoa - same thrilling drive with a left turn at the bottom www.genoanevada.org/mormonstationstatepark.htm

QUOTE(JStroud @ Feb 12 2014, 08:27 AM) *

Jeff
JStroud
I like the EBS racing idea, if they would do a tech session relating to our cars and we could do lunch there that seems like a good activity, might draw more than the kart racing.

We would need to contact EBS to see about tech session ideas, and set up for lunch, need a per person cost.

Then someone to plan the drive there and back, S.O.'s would need other interests regardless, can't see my wife hanging out at kart racing or EBS biggrin.gif

Any other comments....ideas

JStroud
I updated the first post... there are still ietms to be decided, anything with a ? needs attention.

Rob, can we do a lunch at Need 2 Speed, or is there somewhere near by, or do we let everyone do there own thing.
Also is there a maximum racers, think I read 8 minimum. What if more want to race than maximum? If there is one.
Any idea of time, start to finish...11:00am -

Jeff
McMark
I like how the drive around the lake worked out the first time we had it up there. That's what I would do again this time. I'm not into the cart racing and I'm sure I'm not alone. It would be a great side activity for those who are interested, but as far as the 'official' plan for the weekend, I think a nice little drive with a poker-run aspect seems like a perfect first day activity. Tech sessions are a good afternoon activity. Maybe I could rebuild a motor in the parking lot. idea.gif
biosurfer1
Personally I was hoping someone would show how to do a valve adjustment. Seems like a simple procedure but there are a lot of different "how to's" floating around and it should be performed fairly often...might be nice to now how to do it correctly.

Then again if Mark wants to rebuild MY motor as a test case, I'm not going to stop him biggrin.gif
McMark
Buy all the parts and have them ready to go. If I do it on my own it'll be used parts. But the valve adjustment is a good idea. idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.