Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Teener Checkup
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
73cool
Took my '73 1.7 in for an oil change and a thorough once over before we move to Florida. Had it up on the lift and, amazingly, there is no rust. Zero. It's red now, but was a light blue car. My mechanic was amazed- not a spot of rust. Ceramic exhaust! Only thing I will need to address is the fact that my left brake caliper needs to be rebuilt. So overall great day. beer3.gif

Then I get a call from a friend who's stumbled on a '70, 2nd owner. Will look at it tomorrow and post pics. God these cars are awesome.

Cheers, JoeClick to view attachment
Porschef
Bumblin' and a stumblin' across a "rust free" car must be an awesome thing. These cars are great. But most everyone says there's no such ting...

Your car looks sweet. My only reservation would be the repaint. About how old is the paint job?

Enjoy it. We got mo' sno' comin'. I'm getting a wee bit tired of it.

Joe
nathansnathan
If I had put my car on a lift, I would have thought the same thing. The bottom of the car is the last part the rust eats through.

You have to check to see whether it's eaten the jack point which you have to take a rocker panel off to check. The engine shelf, it will eat before that, and before that the top of the long by the firewall and the firewall itself.

It sounds like it was Gemini Blue, L96E.
73cool
QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Feb 11 2014, 03:52 PM) *

If I had put my car on a lift, I would have thought the same thing. The bottom of the car is the last part the rust eats through.

You have to check to see whether it's eaten the jack point which you have to take a rocker panel off to check. The engine shelf, it will eat before that, and before that the top of the long by the firewall and the firewall itself.

It sounds like it was Gemini Blue, L96E.

It was Gemini Blue! My mechanic, who's had his shop here for 20 years , said that there is no rust, as it has lived its life in Vegas, and he's worked on it for 20 years thru two prior owners. I'm happy as hell about it! Now I want to acquire an SC while they still are somewhat attainable aktion035.gif
73cool
QUOTE(Porschef @ Feb 11 2014, 03:47 PM) *

Bumblin' and a stumblin' across a "rust free" car must be an awesome thing. These cars are great. But most everyone says there's no such ting...

Your car looks sweet. My only reservation would be the repaint. About how old is the paint job?

Enjoy it. We got mo' sno' comin'. I'm getting a wee bit tired of it.

Joe

It does need to be painted, but from 10 feet it looks good! Driving it is all the fun, as we all know!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.