Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Parts for a Carb to L-Jet FI conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
porkchopexpress
I have a 1.7L (from a 72) and am switching from carbs to L-Jet FI. Looking for L-Jet specific parts: fuel pump, new or used, along with the mounting plate. Also looking for an auxiliary air valve, oil filler, and an ignition harness.

Please let me know if you have one you are willing to sell or have shipped to a new home.
Thanks!
JP
dknechtly
A 1972 1.7 would be D-jet. L-jet would be 1.8's.
timothy_nd28
agree.gif
jcd914
Yes, the 1.8 L-jet first came in 74.
But L-jet works very well on stock 1.7L.
I think the extra compression the 1.7L has over the 1.8L make a big difference.
I actually think L-jet on stock 1.7 works much better than L-jet on stock 1.8L.

If you are looking for all the parts to a FI system you do need to be sure you are clear on the parts you need.
If you are really after L-jet part and not 72 FI parts (would be D-jet) I have some L-jet parts but not sure what all I have. I do have an air cleaner/Air flow meter bracket.
I will look when I can but currently I am in Long Beach and all my parts are at home in Sacramento.

Good luck with the conversion
Jim
timothy_nd28
agree.gif
porkchopexpress
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Feb 13 2014, 01:50 AM) *

If you are looking for all the parts to a FI system you do need to be sure you are clear on the parts you need.
If you are really after L-jet part and not 72 FI parts (would be D-jet) I have some L-jet parts but not sure what all I have. I do have an air cleaner/Air flow meter bracket.
I will look when I can but currently I am in Long Beach and all my parts are at home in Sacramento.

Jim

Jim, thanks for the clarification. I am definitely looking for L-Jet parts for a 1.7L. Not looking to do the D-jet even though that was original FI for the 72 engine setup. I will update the post to reflect that correction. Looking to do this work in about a month when timothy_nd28 comes out to visit and help me work on the project. So if you make it to Sacramento between now and then, please let me know what you might be willing to offload.
Cheers
JP
jcd914
QUOTE(porkchopexpress @ Feb 13 2014, 08:53 PM) *

QUOTE(jcd914 @ Feb 13 2014, 01:50 AM) *

Jim

Jim, thanks for the clarification. I am definitely looking for L-Jet parts for a 1.7L. Not looking to do the D-jet even though that was original FI for the 72 engine setup. I will update the post to reflect that correction. Looking to do this work in about a month when timothy_nd28 comes out to visit and help me work on the project. So if you make it to Sacramento between now and then, please let me know what you might be willing to offload.
Cheers
JP

It should be a good project smile.gif
I'll be back home next week and look around.

Do you have some parts of the system and looking to fill in the missing pieces or are you trying to assemble a complete system?

Jim

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.