Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What to do when you're bored in the Inland Empire
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
'73-914kid
No, I don't mean picking up "ladies of the night". If you've driven around the Pomona area once it gets dark, you understand what I speak of. barf.gif

Anyways, my roommates and I decided to make the drive out to Adam's Motorsports Park in Riverside for the Tuesday night time attack. $25 bucks, 4 sessions of 3 laps. Not a bad way to waste some time I'd say.

I managed to pull out one of the fastest lap times of the evening, but was in close competition with a gutted miata on slicks..
I know it's no excuse for bad/overdriving, but I was on 3 year old tires that were long dead, and my plan was to finish them off. Almost down to the chords now. biggrin.gif

Oh, and for kicks and giggles, I installed the megaphones.. because, well, isn't that what all of us would do..? happy11.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLuDfmT5AWs

We should get a group of people to show up one of these nights. the 6:00 session is rarely busy, and it sure is a lot of fun. Not too much stuff to hit I suppose...
ehokana
Man, send me a note next time you go! I just took mine on a long run through the backroads of Redlands...
ConeDodger
OMFG that looks fun! happy11.gif
ruby914
Cool, looks fun...
http://www.adamsmotorsportspark.com/
euro911
smile.gif
rick 918-S
Did you see that chick car spin out just before you started? driving-girl.gif lol-2.gif
'73-914kid
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 12 2014, 04:15 AM) *

Did you see that chick car spin out just before you started? driving-girl.gif lol-2.gif

He said he wanted to see if it would drift... apparently it would, then it spun. lol-2.gif
SLITS
Always talked about doing this, but never did.

Looks like you may have hit 3rd gear once or twice.

I'll bring the /6 and oil down the track! banned.gif
craig downs
Wow they let cars on there now. I have done a lot of laps on that track but only in go karts.
monkeyboy
Fun. I would be down to check it out.
JRust
Ooh piratenanner.gif Hell yeah I'd be all over that. Pretty cheap too. Wish they had something like that here in Oregon
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(craig downs @ Feb 12 2014, 07:38 AM) *

Wow they let cars on there now. I have done a lot of laps on that track but only in go karts.

"Now"? Back in the day they frequently held autocrosses there. Might still, but I haven't kept up with that since I moved north.

The Cap'n
AE354803
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Feb 11 2014, 10:16 PM) *

Not too much stuff to hit I suppose...

I do like that run off area that ends in a tree....

Might have to come out and give it a go. Looks like they leave a good amount of spacing between the cars.

Website doesn't look like you need a tech or anything
'73-914kid
I will admit there are some obstacles that could do damage.. I have a second video where I almost nailed some tires after getting loose, and apparently last week some guy in an FRS lost it coming out of the banked turn and ended up in a fence.

Oh, and if you get it really wrong, the big dirt berm is guaranteed to either launch you into the air or flip your car wacko.gif It's happened before.

There actually was a tech inspection down on the grid before the drivers meeting. He checked throttle return springs on cars with throttle cables, looked for oil leaks, and checked for any loose objects that might fly around in the trunks and the cabin. Just the usual stuff, but it's good for them to force some of these other drivers to check.
Alphaogre
I was thinking about heading up there for one of those at some point. I wish they had a track like that down in San Diego! Nothing feels better then hitting the apex on a rumble strip.

What motor Do you have in your 914?
yeahmag
Alway been tempted to go there, but never could bring myself to do it. The risk is way to high in my opinion. I haven't even taken my karts there. Compare this to say Willow Springs Kart Track or Buttonwillow and you'll see why.

Looks like you had fun though!
effutuo101
once my car is back on the road, this would be fun!
wndsnd
Your car looks good, and sounds awesome! blue914.jpg

John
'73-914kid
QUOTE(Alphaogre @ Feb 12 2014, 09:57 AM) *

I was thinking about heading up there for one of those at some point. I wish they had a track like that down in San Diego! Nothing feels better then hitting the apex on a rumble strip.

It's a 2.7L built to RS specs. It's a lot of fun..haha
Alphaogre
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Feb 12 2014, 03:40 PM) *

QUOTE(Alphaogre @ Feb 12 2014, 09:57 AM) *

It's a 2.7L built to RS specs. It's a lot of fun..haha

pray.gif Damn! Thats impressive, though im sure its just slightly better then the fury of my mighty 1.7! haha
Rotary'14
that would be a fun WCR event idea.gif
Krieger
The car sounds really good! Makes you want to run through the gears again and again. happy11.gif
nineonefoursix
Been there many times, went to the first one they had. tried to get others to go for years. Figures I would hear about it after you guys went. I am always down to go if I'm not working. It's great bang for your buck. Great for testing your car before a big event too!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.