Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paintless Dent Removal Recommendations
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RogerYellow914
Can anyone here recommend a paintless dent removal company in the Redlands area?
914_teener
Yes......he is at the Orange County swap meet right in front.....I have his info and business card at home.

mrbubblehead
popcorn[1].gif
StratPlayer
Had one come an look at my teener... Teener made of steel that presented a problem for the paintless dent remover. Their use to working on alum. cars much easier to repair. Good Luck
914_teener
I disagree......

I had a bad dent right on the top of the right front fender from a pair of skis.

You can't tell it was there.

This guy is in Orange County no Redlands though.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Feb 12 2014, 10:02 AM) *

Had one come an look at my teener... Teener made of steel that presented a problem for the paintless dent remover.

He probably just didn't want to try on paint that was 30+ years old. Much easier to crack very old paint and have it blow off the panel than relatively-new paint. I've seen it happen with a 914 before.

We had some PDR done on my wife's 82 SC. There was a ~3" x 8" section with tons of shallow parallel dents in it, like someone had kept opening a door into the car over the years. They took it out to the point where you have to know exactly where it was, and have good light in order to find it. We were quite happy with the results.

But again, nowhere near Redland.

--DD
JeffBowlsby
The guy I watched do it used a tool that looked identical to the thin/flat end of a paint can opener and just brute force muscled out the smallish dents from the inside with his bare hand. On my 914 with original paint, it worked great. He got excited when I told him I didn't want the inside paint surface damaged (it was a trunk lid)...so he used a nylon-coated tool. I am sure there are other techniques.
bernbomb914
I have one in Temecula has been doing it for 20 yrs.
mrbubblehead
bernie, could you pm me his number? i have a little work for him. every paintless dent guy we call wont touch anything but new cars. i have a vw bus that needs some work.
ConeDodger
I highly doubt the 'excuse' that they only work on aluminum cars. How many cars do you know of that are made of aluminum and how would you explain the proliferation of paintless dent repair businesses considering that rarity?

I had a couple very small dents repaired a few years back by a guy in Cameron Park California whose main business was instructing others on how to do it. There is no trace of the dents. In fact, I can only recall one of the general areas of those dents. It works! biggrin.gif
mrbubblehead
yes there miracle workers for sure. IF you can find one that willing to work on classic cars.
euro911
I'm looking for someone who does dent-less paint removal

popcorn[1].gif
914_teener
Dent Rejuvenator

888-302-Dent

He is mobile but usually he works at the Orange County Fair in Costa Mesa.

He fixed a bad dent on the teener....was concerned a little about the paint but now you cant tell.

76-914
I'm a LMF. My neighbor across the street does this for the dealers and luckily me too! He's saved my ass a few times. Just be sure that the area that needs repair doesn't have any bondo on it. It doesn't behave like metal. dry.gif Also, do the prep work yourself. i.e. remove the headlight bucket or anything else that would prevent them from having open access. It shouldn't matter to the tech if it's old or new. Old cars have thicker metal but it is more malleable. New cars have thin metal but the metal is much harder. Bubblehead PM me.
QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 13 2014, 06:51 AM) *

I'm a LMF. My neighbor across the street does this for the dealers and luckily me too! He's saved my ass a few times. Just be sure that the area that needs repair doesn't have any bondo on it. It doesn't behave like metal. dry.gif Also, do the prep work yourself. i.e. remove the headlight bucket or anything else that would prevent them from having open access. It shouldn't matter to the tech if it's old or new. Old cars have thicker metal but it is more malleable. New cars have thin metal but the metal is much harder. Bubblehead PM me.

Can you please pm me the info too, thanks piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.