Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SoCal 914 Guys
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ehokana
I've met some really cool guys through the forum, and I would say that everyone driving these cars is young at heart. I'm 23 right now and couldn't help but notice that I have yet to meet any 914 owners around my age. Sadly, it seems that most 23 year olds have a hard time believing that there were once cars that didn't shift themselves...

Anyway, I was wondering if there were any young guys on the forum in SoCal. Maybe to get a group together to take a fun run or something, since there's not much to do for fun out here
euro911
blink.gif

You do know that that's age discrimination, don't you? slap.gif

laugh.gif

There are a lot of 'old farts' out here who enjoy 'fun runs' too.

Some of them will give you a good run for your money ... and we like your young 23 Y/O lady friends as well shades.gif
bulitt
True! But maybe he wants to hang with people who stay up past 900pm? lol-2.gif
euro911
Looks like maybe you're just getting up, Bob ... I'm just now going to bed tongue.gif

See y'all around noon-ish laugh.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(bulitt @ Feb 12 2014, 03:43 AM) *

True! But maybe he wants to hang with people who stay up past 900pm? lol-2.gif

Yeah, and eat dinner after 4:00. chowtime.gif yellowsleep[1].gif
effutuo101
Ah, I remember my 20's. It was like they were a couple of decades ago...
There are som young(er) guys out of irvine who are finishing up school. I am sure they will chime in.
monkeyboy
There are a few Cal Poly Pomona students here. They are probably still asleep right now.
SLITS
I have a smiley for Kelty360 & bulitt ........................

finger.gif finger.gif

That's one each .................... and you youngins can't use fingers or toes to get the count correct.

ww914
QUOTE(ehokana @ Feb 11 2014, 11:25 PM) *

I've met some really cool guys through the forum, and I would say that everyone driving these cars is young at heart. I'm 23 right now and couldn't help but notice that I have yet to meet any 914 owners around my age. Sadly, it seems that most 23 year olds have a hard time believing that there were once cars that didn't shift themselves...

Anyway, I was wondering if there were any young guys on the forum in SoCal. Maybe to get a group together to take a fun run or something, since there's not much to do for fun out here

Bring you and your car up to Santa Maria for an auto-cross April 26th and 27th. We will have driving lessons the first day and an AX the second day. We'll see how you young whipper-snappers do against us old farts. If you are seriously interested, let me know and I will give you more information. popcorn[1].gif

Edit: corrected the dates
'73-914kid
I'm in Pomona during the week, and Vista on the weekends. I'm 20 and my 914 is my daily... we're around... David (dfelz) also goes to Cal Poly and he's around your age as well. Maybe he'll chime in as well.
Cfletch
im 19 in Santa Barbara maybe the youngest here?
KELTY360
QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 12 2014, 08:04 AM) *

finger.gif finger.gif

That's one each .................... and you youngins can't use fingers or toes to get the count correct.

Hey Ron, I'll race you to the buffet line... smilie_rolli_1.gif I hear they're serving steak today. Can you still cut your own meat?

BTW, how come this smiley... slits.gif....is named SLITS?
ehokana
I knew this was going to invite some interesting comments...I certainly got a good laugh reading though.

QUOTE(Cfletch @ Feb 12 2014, 09:07 AM) *

im 19 in Santa Barbara maybe the youngest here?

I was 16 when I got my first 914, but that's been a few years now. Made a great daily driver for me through undergrad
monkeyboy
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Feb 12 2014, 09:05 AM) *

I'm in Pomona during the week, and Vista on the weekends. I'm 20 and my 914 is my daily... we're around... David (dfelz) also goes to Cal Poly and he's around your age as well. Maybe he'll chime in as well.

Not sure you will hear much from Dave. He is neck deep in senior project right now. I talked to him over the weekend, and he was telling me how buried he is.

I am sure he will be around sometime, but I know he is busy.
balljoint
I was 19 when I bought my first 914.

unsure.gif

I am no longer 19.

Elliot Cannon
You're in So Cal and there isn't much to do there? In So Cal?? You gotta be kidding. slap.gif laugh.gif
soltino
QUOTE(balljoint @ Feb 12 2014, 11:37 AM) *

unsure.gif

I am no longer 19.

Beat me by 1.

tino
dfelz
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Feb 12 2014, 09:05 AM) *

I'm 23 too! and in SoCal!!
76-914
poke.gif What'da ya doing looking for guys at your age. I couldn't think of anything but poontang at your age? I don't think I saw any male friends again until I got married. happy11.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Feb 12 2014, 09:24 AM) *

BTW, how come this smiley... slits.gif....is named SLITS?

You would have to have known Howard and our after the Rose Parade "Race". Howard was in the wheelchair and I had the walker ... we raced downhill at his house.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(soltino @ Feb 12 2014, 02:24 PM) *

QUOTE(balljoint @ Feb 12 2014, 11:37 AM) *

unsure.gif

I am no longer 19.

Beat me by 1.

tino

I was 22 when I got my 914. But that was 28 years ago.

Time flies when you are having fun!

Oh... and Slits was already old when they started building 914s.
Alphaogre
I'm 27, but I bought my 914 two years ago at 25...should have it running in the next month or so. Not sure if that counts haha
FourBlades

Don't let the old farts discourage you. biggrin.gif

The World community likes to help and encourage younger 914 owners.

If you have issues with your car, let us know.

John
siverson
I bought my 914 when I was 15, and am 38 now. Do I count?

-Steve
warpig
Young men? WTF.gif Not that there's anything wrong with them. blink.gif That just leaves more young ladies to grace the passenger (or driver) seat for the rest of us. w00t.gif Try North Hollywood or Hillcrest down in SD laugh.gif Or maybe a Corvette blog? av-943.gif
bulitt
QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 12 2014, 11:04 AM) *

finger.gif finger.gif

I was referring to my old butt... biggrin.gif
jeff
My body is 48 but my mind is 16ish, you're too old for me to hang out with .. I'd probably get you in trouble.:-)
oldschool
Click to view attachment Because I'm Mexican I had a family already at 23..and a 914
av-943.gif
914_8
I am 25 (26 in april) and have had my 914 since I was 19 I still have yet to drive it
get off my lawn
I bought my first 914 (a 71 1.7 liter) in 19 and 79. Had to walk 5 miles in a snowstorm to get it, barefoot. Uphill. And I was thankful to do it!

Now get off my lawn you whipper snapper!
ehokana
Hey, I can only take listening to the wrx/evo debate so many times
effutuo101
QUOTE(ehokana @ Feb 13 2014, 11:45 PM) *

Hey, I can only take listening to the wrx/evo debate so many times

LOL! Same rant here except it is between Suby power/V6/V8 power...
Gcotton92203
When I was 20 I owned a '68 GT500 KR Shelby. I ate 914s for breakfast with that car. I was a VW mechanic at the time and wouldn't have anything to do with a 914 owner. Now I'm 60. The Shelby is long gone and guess what I own.
ehokana
QUOTE(Gcotton92203 @ Feb 14 2014, 11:10 AM) *

When I was 20 I owned a '68 GT500 KR Shelby. I ate 914s for breakfast with that car. I was a VW mechanic at the time and wouldn't have anything to do with a 914 owner. Now I'm 60. The Shelby is long gone and guess what I own.

That's quite a bit of a switch. Probably kind of funny looking back now, too laugh.gif
ConeDodger

A walker? av-943.gif welcome.png
SLITS
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 14 2014, 11:34 AM) *

Oooooooh, you bad man Mr. Plick!
euro911
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 14 2014, 11:34 AM) *

laugh.gif

... but 60 isn't old, Rob ... and you'll be there some day, sooner that you'd like too slap.gif
nathansnathan
I feel like I was young when I got my 914 at 34 years old. I'm an old man now at 38 smile.gif and I've still never driven one.
saigon71
Nothing to add to the convo, but like the "get off my lawn" handle!

Well done Mr. Eastwood! beerchug.gif
jeff
QUOTE(Gcotton92203 @ Feb 14 2014, 11:10 AM)

A walker?

Lol!
colingreene
24 here, Working on getting my 2270 put together.
Located in South OC.
I also have a E30 and a mini.
Long as no one has a problem with me driving something non 914 on a run id show up.
Also never driven a 914 or really been in one.
And whats wrong with looking for other dudes?
lets bang, I mean meat up uh, yeah.
ehokana
QUOTE(colingreene @ Feb 14 2014, 11:47 PM) *

24 here, Working on getting my 2270 put together.
Located in South OC.
I also have a E30 and a mini.
Long as no one has a problem with me driving something non 914 on a run id show up.
Also never driven a 914 or really been in one.
And whats wrong with looking for other dudes?
lets bang, I mean meat up uh, yeah.

The freudian slips I can handle but an E30? That's pushing it a bit lol-2.gif

I think we can excuse the non-914 for any fun runs for the time being
colingreene
Hey, Im getting there.
waiting for European motorworks to get the pistons i need in.
Saw them today, they were very helpful.
rest of my car is fairly solid.
Not just a E30 either its a iX, a real pain in the butt.....
ehokana
Can't wait to see you get your teener running. Mine will be going under the knife here pretty soon- hopefully it'll only be down for a couple of months
colingreene
where are you and what are you doing?
or just pm me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.