Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Color of Fuchs?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ww914
I just picked up some Fuchs replicas and I want to refurbish them. They look similar to this one:

Click to view attachment

Couple of questions:

What color is the black? Glossy or flat or anodized?

Was the outer rim polished, painted or left aluminum?

Thanks in advance!
JRust
Depends what look you want. Polished lip for sure. You can polish the whole wheel & ditch the painted centers all together. Go for the RSR look with polished lips & paddles with black background. Or go body color centers with polished lips. I personally like more of a gloss black on the centers. I guess closest to stock would be satin black centers with polished lips. In my avatar mine are polished lips, polished center caps, polished lugs with a gloss black center.

Really it's all what you like. You can't go wrong with black centers & polished lips in my opinion. In flat black or gloss they will look great. Powder coated centers look great too if you've got a good guy to do them. It's just a little tougher to get the line right as the tape they use is pretty rigid stuff (or so my powder guy told me). Having said that he works out of his garage & is pretty cheap. So I wouldn't say he is high end evilgrin.gif
ww914
QUOTE(scotty boy @ Feb 12 2014, 07:54 AM) *

Nice. Is it paint?
wndsnd
Full Polish look......

Click to view attachment

wndsnd
Installed but not cleaned up yet.

Click to view attachment
Alphaogre
I'm thinking of taking mine to something like this.

IPB Imagehttp://[/img]
Madswede
Here's what they look like, bone stock original. These were in great shape actually, considering they're off a 930 that was (I believe) raced. aktion035.gif
Click to view attachment
wndsnd
Anodized right?
carr914
I used Semi Gloss on these

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
This is my Thread on doing the RSR Frosted Finish

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...;hl=RSR+Frosted
Alphaogre
QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 12 2014, 06:36 PM) *

This is my Thread on doing the RSR Frosted Finish

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...;hl=RSR+Frosted

Those look really good. The frosted look always looks good!
Socalandy
I may go with the RSR finish down the road but these are mine
puffinator
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Feb 12 2014, 11:17 PM) *

I may go with the RSR finish down the road but these are mine

My Al Reed RSR refinished 7s and 9s

Click to view attachment

but I went with deeper dish Braid wheels even though they don't have the polished lip

Click to view attachment

ww914
All really nice examples. Thanks guys.

Since my wheels aren't real Fuchs, and I don't want to invest in a professional job on them. I may just polish the rims and re-paint the pedals. I guess the color, gloss or matt (satin) is up to me, but I was wondering what the originals were.
9146R
Just picked up my 7/8x15's RSR finish (powdercoat) by RiteWay Wheels in walnut creek...waiting for the Hoosiers to get mounted on them for Trekkor's autox at Sears Point on March 8.Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
effutuo101
mine are powder coated gloss black at 20%.

you can also just paint the centers car color or what ever color you like.
ww914
QUOTE(9146R @ Feb 13 2014, 08:13 AM) *

Just picked up my 7/8x15's RSR finish (powdercoat) by RiteWay Wheels in walnut creek...waiting for the Hoosiers to get mounted on them for Trekkor's autox at Sears Point on March 8.Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Very nice. Don't mess um up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.