Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Big test for Megasquirt tomorrow
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
New plugs, valves adjusted, oil changed, exhaust leak fixed and a full tank of gas. Ten o'clock tomorrow I have the dyno reserved. Time to put up or shut up. I think it will perform well. It is certainly equal to the way it ran before I converted it. If it performs the way I think it will Megasquirt may be a valid replacement for our old Djet systems.

When I began this, I thought that building, installing and tuning Megasquirt would be a very long and difficult experience. Getting it to run was relatively easy. Getting it to run well was more of a challenge. That has given me a healthy respect for the people who designed the old Djet.

I've now been driving it for about 2 months with no problems other than tuning it to run well. No breakdowns or failures.

Really looking forward to tomorrow,

Dave
Bleyseng
See you there, Dave. Should be fun as dyno work is always fun.
Geoff
ChrisReale
If I didnt have school tommorow, Id be there in a flash just to see how everything works. Good Luck and have fun. boldblue.gif
Bleyseng
If they are handing out free horsepower I'll bring you back a couple.
Geoff
914werke
Bring a doggie bag for me! mueba.gif
ChrisReale
What you need Rich, is a front sway bar! Absolute German has a wrecked 914 with a 19mm front swaybar in it. I cant go back there, but you could get it for cheep.
914werke
Dare I ask why YOU cant go back? pain30.gif
Was it the OEM setup?
What else was on the car? I still need some bits for the other motor.
ChrisReale
Korijo and I dont get along with one of the guys there. I think its aWeltmeister bar. Rest of the car is picked apart pretty well.
Bleyseng
I have a used 19mm front bar for sale- $50. Its the older style but works. It will go with your 140's nicely.
Geoff
ChrisReale
There ya go Rich, even closer to you. I'd rather Geoff take your money than that Absolute German place devil.gif
914werke
Back OT, Dave where are you guys meeting up tomorrow? Ill probably be on the bike but Im always looking for an excuse to ride. aktion035.gif

Geoff whats the new / old style? blink.gif (trying to compare to that on the wht car)
Jeff Krieger
clap56.gif Woo hoo! Numbers are comin', numbers are comin' ! boldblue.gif
rhodyguy
see you there at 10, Blood Interprises. this should be interesting. this is perfect i've got a wire that i can't figure out where it goes.

kevin
DNHunt
Rich We will be at Blood Enterprises in Auburn, 3670 C St NE Auburn, WA 98002 @ 10 AM.
I'll burn a copy of your whoopdy-do for you

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.