Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: any french 914 fan inside?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
I'd like to do some special 914 research in France, but my french knowledge is very poor. So I wonder if anybody around here is from France and would be willing to help me IPB Image

I tried to contact the "Club VW-PORSCHE 914 FRANCE" long time ago, unfortunately no answer IPB Image IPB Image
Bleyseng
I have a French friend who likes to cruz this site and we are still looking for a 914 for him.
What do you need??

Is that a French girl in your avatar Mikey??

Geoff IPB Image
Gustl
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Jan 5 2005, 10:21 PM)
I have a French friend who likes to cruz this site and we are still looking for a 914 for him.
What do you need??

If he's looking for a teener, does he know the Club VW-PORSCHE 914 FRANCE ? I think they could help him?

My question is, if he could help finding pictures from the "Salon d'Automobiles de Paris" from Septembre 1973 - especially from the Karman pavilion
Karmann displayed the '74 LE cars there - and I heared a rumor that there were 3 different versions ... IPB Image
So, if this would be true and there are pics from them ... you know what I mean ?

IPB Image Gustl
Bleyseng
He lives up the street from me not in France where he was a chef (dude can cook!)

I'll ask

Geoff
Aaron Cox
this?
nebreitling
awesome photo, but, despite the date, that would appear to be im Deutschland.

DIG THOSE FANCY PAINT JOBS!!!! IPB Image
JWest
How about this?

914 garage
tdgray
Aw Man that is my BMW 3.0 CSi... man I miss that car IPB Image
MattR
My brother is living in france now. If you need something translated or sent within the country he may be able to help. He has no car though, so traveling is tough, and no computer, so communication is tough. I hear he just got running water in his apartment though (joke IPB Image).
Gustl
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Jan 5 2005, 10:45 PM)
awesome photo, but, despite the date, that would appear to be im Deutschland.

yepp, this was the "Internationale Automobil Ausstellung" (IAA) in Frankfurt, Germany

btw - no LE

but, nice photo anyway!
Gustl
QUOTE (James Adams @ Jan 5 2005, 10:48 PM)
How about this?

914 garage

thanks for refreshing my mind IPB Image
I came across this site a while ago, but seems that I've forgot about it.
I'll try if they know english

IPB Image Gustl
Gustl
QUOTE (MattR @ Jan 5 2005, 11:01 PM)
If you need something translated or sent within the country he may be able to help.  

many thanks - I've got a friend who knows french very well

I was more thinking of a french guy, living in France, being familiar with the 914 and all those methods helpful for data-research in his country - and knowing english, for easier communication
I do know that this person is difficult to find - but it's worth a try - at least in this place ...

IPB Image Gustl
vortrex
there was a guy from france on the board long ago who bought that interesting red 914-6. I don't remember the whole story but I think it had some orig GT parts on it. cannot remember his username though!
JeffBowlsby
My question is, if he could help finding pictures from the "Salon d'Automobiles de Paris" from Septembre 1973 - especially from the Karman pavilion
Karmann displayed the '74 LE cars there - and I heared a rumor that there were 3 different versions ...  
So, if this would be true and there are pics from them ... you know what I mean ?

Gentlemen...we have another 914 LE fanatic in our midst.... IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

Thanks for posting this Wolfgang!
michel richard
QUOTE (mikez @ Jan 5 2005, 11:39 AM)
They all surrendered..... IPB Image

I resemble that remark !

I know a guy who speaks pretty good French too . . . me ! I'm not French in the nationality sense, but I did'nt speak any English either until 10 years after I learned French. If you need a few things translated, I'll be happy to help.

Michel Richard
914 2.2 E MFI
In Montreal
SirAndy
QUOTE (michel richard @ Jan 5 2005, 04:48 PM)
If you need a few things translated, I'll be happy to help.

how do you say "hand-cuffs" in french ????

i met this french girl the other night ...
IPB Image Andy
michel richard
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Jan 5 2005, 04:56 PM)
QUOTE (michel richard @ Jan 5 2005, 04:48 PM)

how do you say "hand-cuffs" in french ????

i met this french girl the other night ...
IPB Image Andy

"menottes"

Sort of pronounced 'Meuh- Not"

Also used when speaking to a youg chiled to mean, simply, "Hands"

Anything I can do to help with the ladies

IPB Image IPB Image

Michel
Qarl
Three different LEs?

Maybe he is looking for a photo of the mystical third 914 LE....

IPB Image
Gustl
QUOTE (Qarl @ Jan 6 2005, 05:39 AM)
Three different LEs?

Maybe he is looking for a photo of the mystical third 914 LE....

IPB Image

ooh, I see you've got the pic ... so, there will be no more need do continue my research, right IPB Image

IPB Image Gustl
Gustl
QUOTE (michel richard @ Jan 6 2005, 01:48 AM)

Merci beaucoup Michel,
mais je ne cherche pas un traducteur. Je cherche une personne, qui sait comment on vient en France à des informations certaines ...

o.k., I guess my french must sound horrable to you, but it's about 12 years ago that I learned a little ... IPB Image

IPB Image Gustl
michel richard
Gustl,

Your French is great ! Sorry I can't be of more help, let us know what you find.

Michel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.