Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for an original 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
zack914
I was wondering if anyone knows of a 914-6 for sale. I dont want to buy from a dealer as they tend to misrepresent their cars and try to over price their cars. If you have an original car and want to sell i am a ready cash buyer. I am located in san jose, ca. Thanks for your help.
ben*james
I'm a sucker for a good old 914-6 hunt! popcorn[1].gif

What is your budget and what kind of condition are you looking for?

Best of luck, and welcome to the world!
billh1963
QUOTE(zack914 @ Feb 12 2014, 10:28 PM) *

I was wondering if anyone knows of a 914-6 for sale. I dont want to buy from a dealer as they tend to misrepresent their cars and try to over price their cars. If you have an original car and want to sell i am a ready cash buyer. I am located in san jose, ca. Thanks for your help.

There are lots of people here to help. However, be forewarned....everyone on here knows the value of the 914-6. So, if you had hopes of getting a bargain on mint, low-mileage car just be aware that ship sailed a long time ago.

Good luck in your hunt!
mtndawg
Craigslist or eBay might have something good.
zack914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Feb 12 2014, 07:59 PM) *

QUOTE(zack914 @ Feb 12 2014, 10:28 PM) *

There are lots of people here to help. However, be forewarned....everyone on here knows the value of the 914-6. So, if you had hopes of getting a bargain on mint, low-mileage car just be aware that ship sailed a long time ago.

Good luck in your hunt!

No im not looking to take advantage of someone, I know here people know the true value of these cars. Thats all Im looking for is someone who is offering a fair price but Im not looking for a bargain or take advantage of someone. That would be a waste of time. Im just looking for help thats all. Thanks for your help.
zack914
QUOTE(ben*james @ Feb 12 2014, 07:36 PM) *

My budget is 45-50k and looking for a solid rust free car. Prefer white but will be open to other colors as well. Must be an all original car or needs very little to make completely original. I am aware of the road-scholars car and that dealer was not on the up and up when I tried to deal with him. So thats why I am looking for help. Thanks for any help that you can provide.
ben*james
QUOTE(zack914 @ Feb 12 2014, 09:23 PM) *

My budget is 45-50k and looking for a solid rust free car. Prefer white but will be open to other colors as well. Must be an all original car or needs very little to make completely original. I am aware of the road-scholars car and that dealer was not on the up and up when I tried to deal with him. So thats why I am looking for help. Thanks for any help that you can provide.

I think you are very much in the ballpark with that budget. Wouldn't be surprised at all if this thread leads to something for you. welcome.png
QUOTE(zack914 @ Feb 12 2014, 09:23 PM) *

. I just noticed this wtb ad. They are out there but it will be a hunting fir that elusive unicorn. Toolguy. Has a very very nice one for sake, but it might be out of your price point.
Good luck with your search.if you find two, PM me for the other one.
Jgilliam914
No ties or affiliation but I saw this and thought it may fill your desires?

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer..._6/1617858.html
dw914six
QUOTE(Jgilliam914 @ Feb 13 2014, 06:59 PM) *

sawzall-smiley.gif I do not know this car. But, isn't this the car with some bad reviews by folks looking at her?
zack914
QUOTE(Jgilliam914 @ Feb 13 2014, 06:59 PM) *

Yes, I'm familiar with this car, the car dealer was very difficult to deal with and completely misrepresents the car. I suspect thats why its been on the market since august 2013. This is very telling as you all know these cars sell fast when they are represented correctly and priced accurately.
AgPete139
Zach, message me. My father's car, #1554, might be up on the block. Motor is 1/3 way to being rebuilt by Mike Callas. I started the resto 6 years ago and just recently sent him the block, but things in life can get in the way again. I'll consult with him tomorrow.
zack914
QUOTE(AgPete139 @ Feb 14 2014, 12:57 AM) *

Zach, message me. My father's car, #1554, might be up on the block. Motor is 1/3 way to being rebuilt by Mike Callas. I started the resto 6 years ago and just recently sent him the block, but things in life can get in the way again. I'll consult with him tomorrow.

PM sent
zack914
QUOTE(zack914 @ Feb 14 2014, 08:32 AM) *

QUOTE(AgPete139 @ Feb 14 2014, 12:57 AM) *

PM sent

Send me an email with your contact info to Ryan.rosson@comcast.net
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.