Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Ultimate DAPO
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
Check this link on VW Vortex.

This is an extremely long thread, but worth the read.

But have a STRONG stomach.
restore2seater
That has to be a joke. If it isn't someone needs to find out where this guy lives and do a reality show. IPB Image
Twystd1
I loved this thread...
Was worth the read....

My face hurts from laughing....

I originaly thought it was the thread that Skline was using to tell us about his V8 conversion.... (OOOps)

IPB Image

Twystd1
Lou W
That's funny IPB Image
Joe Bob
Morons....I stopped after the second reply......
tdgray
Funny Shit IPB Image
Steve Thacker
I think I pissed my pants from laughing IPB Image !
jr91472
my favorite was..........

"for the love of God, put down the tools and step away from the car"

I think Im gonna use that one
cha914
...TROLL... IPB Image
skline
QUOTE (Twystd1 @ Jan 5 2005, 01:07 PM)
I loved this thread...
Was worth the read....

My face hurts from laughing....

I originaly thought it was the thread that Skline was using to tell us about his V8 conversion.... (OOOps)

IPB Image

Twystd1

Great, bring my name into it and now I have to go read it. How dare you! That is going to cost you Clayton, I will be down for my payment in libations later.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (cha914 @ Jan 5 2005, 04:46 PM)
...TROLL... IPB Image

Tony.. are you calling me a Troll or the guy on the thread.......

And my name is NOT Clayton......
skline
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jan 5 2005, 02:58 PM)
QUOTE (cha914 @ Jan 5 2005, 04:46 PM)
...TROLL... IPB Image

Tony.. are you calling me a Troll or the guy on the thread.......

And my name is NOT Clayton......

I never said your name was Clayton, you troll. IPB Image
cha914
Right after I posted this I realized it looked like I was attacking you...

The guy you posted about is a total troll...and not particularly good either, but at least he did stick around and keep it going for a while...

ahh entertainment on the web IPB Image
DuckRyder
Within seconds of logging into the Vortex I always wonder why I did it.

I think the median age is about 14. There are some good folks there and good information to be had, but it is a real chore to get to it.

You know, I just read like the first page and a half, and I still don't know if its a joke or not hard to belive that its for real even if it is the vortex.

Of course, I got called an asshole just a few days ago for suggesting that someone who asked if the clear went after the paint should "step away from the golf".
Rhodes71/914
Can't believe I read the whole thing.
Freakin hilarious!

Go Gumby!
Aaron Cox
he needs to check his blinker fluid IPB Image

thats sooooo fake.... troll
MattR
Like the time the guy ran sand through his 1.8t audi to "polish" it?
jwalters
IPB Image

Holy Shitaake!!! Man, mt face hgurts--kant speal write...

This reminds me of the time this guy brought this 2.0 jetta into my shop cause it wouldn't run-----he said just do a diagnostic--so I did.

The first thing I checked was the dipstick--I wiped it and checked it 3 more times because I could not believ what it was I was seeing.

Yup-you guessed it--it WAS full of oil--I mean..ahem...FULL of 3.5 gallons of oil.

I showed this to the owner--he got really pissed and said I did not have a clue about engines!! I mean he was pissed at me for showing him what a complete moron he was.

He had the car towed to another shop, he just knew I did not know shit--5 shops later all turned him down--would not have anything to do with him--then he had the sack to tow it back to my shop so I could fix it!!!!!

Said sorry--I can not help you----you are litigation in the making, he would not leave,,,, and I called the cops on him so I would have some paperwork in case it got really ugly.

Some people--really cracks me up--kinda like chopstix............ IPB Image
DuckRyder
QUOTE (MattR @ Jan 5 2005, 08:48 PM)

Does that work the same as running chopstix through it? IPB Image
jwalters
QUOTE (MattR @ Jan 5 2005, 04:48 PM)

IPB Image I had this former boss that liked to pour dry laundry detergent down the intake while the engine was running!!!! IPB Image

He said it cleans the rings so they will seal again!!!! IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
ejm
Sad but true there are DIY'ers like that out there...too bad he can't turn to a BBS that can help him. How many people here can relate to this?

8VGumby wrote on VWvortex:
Just to clear up any confusion here, its simple - I have never had to work on any of my cars before as Ive typically always have been in a good financial situation. But at 38 I decided that I wanted to do this - after all it is not my primary car anymore so its not like I am without a vehicle. Its a project to me. If I kill it, Im out of money but not out of transportation and besides, if it gets to the point where its broken beyond repair I will just have someone fix it for me. Its not really a big deal at this point. I am determined to get this done though as I havent gotten this far in life by backing down from anything - I face things head on and do it no matter what. This is no different. It will get completed. Could I go out and buy a Porsche Boxster S? Sure but what feeling of accomplishment would that be.
MattR
Most of those "DIYers" are just guys who change their oil, maybe take out an article in the interior, or possibly change out a strut (or two). Dont confuse them with car guys. These are guys who dont know shit about cars and work out of one of those 13 pc toolboxes found in the glove compartment. They're all around me at a car club at school. They basically throw on japanese plates on their car, install big exhaust, and a 4 pt harness and think they're tough shit now.

When they ask me what "mods" ive done to my car I say "nothing, it came perfect from the factory IPB Image"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.