Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DIY video for putting together a /6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvfz5s11NOc...player_embedded

Why does it look so simple when someone with talent does it?
Dr Evil
Man, I want that ring compressor. That thing was dope.
Cap'n Krusty
Hazet. I had one until I sold off the shop stuff. Let it go by accident .................. Difficult to use on a 356.

The Cap'n
Dr Evil
Thanks. All of the shit I work on requires the use of that type. I need to find one. It would be worth the money.
bulitt
That was awesome! Always had in my mind these engines were difficult? Seems quite easy really. Whats a Crank weigh? Like 5 lbs?
mepstein
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Feb 13 2014, 10:59 PM) *

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvfz5s11NOc...player_embedded

Why does it look so simple when someone with talent does it?

I think most talent equals experience. I can built a bicycle wheel from scratch in about 45 minutes and true it up perfectly but 500+ wheels ago I didn't have the same skill level. It's always impressive to see someone with skill and talent
Mark Henry
Looks easy but there was a whole poop load of prep that wasn't shown it that vid.

My engine is similar, but it will have webers.

One odd thing is it never shows the oil cooler, I'm guessing with that early style shroud they plan to just run a front cooler?
I wish that banner would disappear.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 13 2014, 09:31 PM) *

Thanks. All of the shit I work on requires the use of that type. I need to find one. It would be worth the money.

Samstag sales may have them.

The Cap'n
Justinp71
Nice find! Damn I was waiting for a horsepower number to appear.

They definitely make it look simple to build, there is ALOT that more that goes on in the background... Wayne's book tells the whole story.
SLITS
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Feb 14 2014, 10:37 AM) *

They definitely make it look simple to build, there is ALOT that more that goes on in the background... Wayne's book tells the whole story.

Everything is easy till you actually do it.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 14 2014, 12:31 AM) *

I got a set of them on Crustys recommendation few years back. They are awesome. I know I lent them to Joe to use, and I think you used them on your bus, or maybe one of the iterations of my cars engine.
Zach
bulitt
QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 14 2014, 02:40 PM) *

QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Feb 14 2014, 10:37 AM) *

Everything is easy till you actually do it.

Everything is easy the "second" time you do it! Unless you have short term memory loss in which case every time becomes the first time ! blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.