Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS-1975 914 on ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
epotts
This 1975 914 that is on ebay was on Craigslist in AZ this past week and I called on it but the guy selling refused to sell it to someone site unseen. It seems clean except the drivers side door is damaged and the drivers side front wheel well. The person who seems to have bought it has already listed it on ebay and is now trying to sell it for around $6000 starting bid. I emailed him because in his description he says nothing of the damage. I was emailed back a rude response.
Just beware the car does have damage but overall seems clean. And he paid under $4800
mepstein
A mis represented car on eBay? I'm shocked! Did all the pictures of the rust damage, disappear from the original ad?
Ferg
hissyfit.gif So somebody local beat you to a car, and you start a negative thread about his ebay ad?

Sorry, sounds like sour grapes... he calls it a restoration project, you would have to be blind to miss the damage in his pictures even though he does not call attention to them.

popcorn[1].gif
rhodyguy
someone saw what they thought was a good car to flip and snatched it up. that's not a foul in my book. it might work for the new owner, maybe not. i see you're new here, not you mike biggrin.gif , not quite the way we play.
boxstr
I think you need to contact eBay, they will put this grave miscarriage of a misrepresented car sold on their website , right.
Craig at CAMP
epotts
Not sour at all. The guy selling it was a nice guy, i actually talked to him. I was just letting anyone know what was looking at it on ebay that he doesn't mention any damage, yet the door and front wheel well had damage. That was all. Other than that it was a nice car, rust free and just sold on ebay for $5300. It didn't say anything about restoration, in fact it was in decent shape and looked to be rust free!
just trying to be helpful
gordiejet
QUOTE(epotts @ Feb 14 2014, 07:41 AM) *

This 1975 914 that is on ebay was on Craigslist in AZ this past week and I called on it but the guy selling refused to sell it to someone site unseen. It seems clean except the drivers side door is damaged and the drivers side front wheel well. The person who seems to have bought it has already listed it on ebay and is now trying to sell it for around $6000 starting bid. I emailed him because in his description he says nothing of the damage. I was emailed back a rude response.
Just beware the car does have damage but overall seems clean. And he paid under $4800

Hi I have a rust free California 1976 2.0 that was restored in 1994. less than 10 miles on car since. It's like driving a new car. Gordie 727-492-9965
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.