Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Happy Birthday and Valentine's Day to my 'Valentine'
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tumamilhem
Maybe I'm just a sentimental sap, but I think this is pretty cool.

Both me and my LE are turning 40. It was 40 years ago this week that production of the 914 LE Can Am began. My LE is one of the very earliest made within the first couple days of production, the 11th (known) Creamsicle made. The first time I calculated the build date from the chassis number, I thought it came out to my exact day of birth - 17 February 1974! w00t.gif birthday.gif But then when I recalculated it correctly, the production date was actually 3 days earlier than the day I took my first breath - on Valentine's Day wub.gif - Also coincidentally, the day after my parents' wedding anniversary on 13 February.

I since named my car Valentine, due to the "Valentine" red and white Creamsicle colors and it's birth date of 14 February. first.gif

It's kind of surreal having your favorite car that just happens to be the rarest model of its breed and made almost the same day you were born - and driving it today, 40 years later. And the cherry on the sundae is the tag. Keeping my LE REALLY OG, I have it registered with an authentic, Duval County (where I live) 1974 license plate (there were only 3 in the country still available). And the renewal/plate dates across the tag read: 2/14/74 - the day my car was made. Maybe it's just me (screwy.gif), but I just think that's so cool. I'm pretty sure I'll keep this car forever. aktion035.gif

Anyway, Happy Birthday and Valentine's Day to my Valentine. birthday.gif wub.gif

Me and my LE turn 40
Click to view attachment

Renewal, Plate and Birth Date: 2/14/74
Click to view attachment

I always prefer my baby to be topless shades.gif
Click to view attachment

I'm Coco for Coco Mats! popcorn[1].gif
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Valentine and Scarlet
Click to view attachment

Centennial Porsche + Audi, Eugene, OR (postcard of the same dealership in the same year that my car was first sold new)
Click to view attachment

I just happened to check the time on my phone this morning and it was 9:14. And with today's date 14 February - the day my 914 was made. birthday.gif
Click to view attachment
nathansnathan
That is awesome.... provident provenance. The outfit is awesome, too. smile.gif
Michael N
birthday3.gif
76-914
poke.gif Your way too young to start having emotional feelings. You might want to look into that low "T" thing.
wndsnd
Very cool and congrats.

Super nice car.

You got any hair left now? blink.gif
ConeDodger
Awesome! But personally, I consider the 916 (11) and the 914-8 (2)? to be the rarest of the breed...
Elliot Cannon
Did you take your valentine out for dinner? av-943.gif wub.gif
JRust
drooley.gif Damn that's a sweet looking car Tommy! Almost like seeing that old girlfriend who is super hot. Kinda want to take her for a ride happy11.gif
CptTripps
Cool story. My first 914 had a build day 2 or 3 from my birthday, but your story just matches up perfectly.

Congrats man. And happy birthday!
tumamilhem
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 14 2014, 02:27 PM) *

Awesome! But personally, I consider the 916 (11) and the 914-8 (2)? to be the rarest of the breed...

Yes, they are rarer, but weren't production cars nor available for sale. sad.gif
tumamilhem
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Feb 14 2014, 02:41 PM) *

Did you take your valentine out for dinner? av-943.gif wub.gif

Actually, we had a nice, quiet romantic evening. We went to a drive in (she can't fit in a regular theater) and took a nice evening drive along the beach. She went topless. wub.gif
tumamilhem
QUOTE(JRust @ Feb 14 2014, 10:30 PM) *

drooley.gif Damn that's a sweet looking car Tommy! Almost like seeing that old girlfriend who is super hot. Kinda want to take her for a ride happy11.gif

Hahaha! Jamie, she said she can be friends. I'm not sure how I feel about that though. Is your green car seeing anybody? Lol
tumamilhem
QUOTE(CptTripps @ Feb 15 2014, 04:39 AM) *

Cool story. My first 914 had a build day 2 or 3 from my birthday, but your story just matches up perfectly.

Congrats man. And happy birthday!

That's pretty sweet knowing our cars were born right when we were. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.