Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS. 1975 Subaru Conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
jpnovak
Its time to sell my Dirty Penny. Penny was built on a 1975 Porsche 914 chassis. The chassis was found under a local oak tree as a roller. The car was built with a complete Subaru drivetrain for the GRM $2011 Challenge. The car spun a few bearings and has since received a new engine.

You can read all about the build here.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...e++dirty++penny.

Penny is currently configured with the following.

DRIVETRAIN:
ej20R twin turbo engine.
Megasquirt ECU in factory case with factory wiring. Currently tuned at 18psi. Boost comes on late due to the TT setup. These are not currently setup sequential - but in parallel.
Subaru transmission with hydraulic clutch
Nissan Versa shift console for incredible ergonomics driving cable shift.

SUSPENSION:
180# rear springs on Koni shocks
22mm Front torsions on 911 Carrera Boge dampers.
front bushings were replaced with polygraphite (turned in a lathe - no squeaks)

Kuhmo V700 tires 205-50-15 on 15x6 Rivearas. They could probably be balanced.

MISC STUFF:
Chassis rust was fixed by butt welded sheet metal.
Chassis has Engman Kit installed.
Interior painted with gray anti-skid paint and partial covered with gray Perlon.
Driver's seat is carbon fiber GT3 replica
Passenger seat is stock.

No radio.
Factory tach driven by MS ECU.
Speedometer is actually a bicycle speedometer.

Have a spare EJ20G engine, spare case, crank and rods.

Transmission just started making a noise. Probably the infamous 5th gear input shaft bearing.
New flywheel nose and release bearings.

The car is fast at high rpm but will drive very docile around town. It can spin cold tires in third under boost.

Asking $4500.

IPB Image

I will get some new pictures up tomorrow. I am going to kick myself for posting this but after a few margaritas and a potential move its just gotta happen.

x-faktory
I remember following the build of this 914. Good luck with the sale Jamie.
regards,
al
matthepcat
Cool engine. Designed to handle higher RPM than your standard EJ20. Potential buyer can change to a single turbo configuration easily and take advantage of modern turbo technology.

Hope it finds a good home!
jpnovak
Thanks Al.

I do have a second engine (spun bearings) with the single turbo setup. I also have the single turbo intake and IC. I have a spare case crank rods and pistons.

I also have a full 5 bolt conversion from an early 911 including rear hubs. I have a set of4X 15x7 Cookies.

Let's talk if you are interested. Make an offer.

I am sorry I could not get pictures up this weekend. I am traveling for work this week and had a few things to get done before the trip.
jpnovak
Here are some pictures from this afternoon. I was traveling all week and just had a chance to get these up.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Andyrew
If this was in california......
jpnovak
Its only a truck ride away.

I can probably help with if you want to pay for gas. This would be limited to a days drive from central TX.
badmiata
I think If I had the money sad.gif Its close to what I want.
jpnovak
any offers?
rnellums
On jalopnik today! GLWTS!
http://jalopnik.com/for-5-000-a-penny-for-...ghts-1550361655
914rrr
PM sent
jpnovak
Sale Pending receipt of funds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.