Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Time Running Out!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
There is a 72?? 914 on Ebay. Lots of pictures and even has video which sounds like the 914 is trying to start all through the video. Never hear it run for more than two seconds. The start button on the dash with the label marker label is a nice touch!

Vin says 71 but ad lists as 72. Ad also says side shift but tranny picture contradicts.

Has single carb setup. Battery in trunk. Instrument gauges from 74+.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-Targa-...=US_Cars_Trucks
nsyr
That person was clearly tired of people asking him what kind of car it was.

He should have stenciled on the year too.
walterolin
Some red flags.

Look carefully at the VIN # on the plate on the passenger side headlight, it is for a 72 and doesn't match the 71 # at the top of the ad.

I have an August 1970 1.7, it does not have side vents on the dash.

Passenger door looks like it is sagging at the door latch.

Dust cover missing off the tail shifter.

What are the two bolts for in the hell hole?
dw914six
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Feb 15 2014, 04:30 AM) *

There is a 72?? 914 on Ebay. Lots of pictures and even has video which sounds like the 914 is trying to start all through the video. Never hear it run for more than two seconds. The start button on the dash with the label marker label is a nice touch!

Vin says 71 but ad lists as 72. Ad also says side shift but tranny picture contradicts.

Has single carb setup. Battery in trunk. Instrument gauges from 74+.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-Targa-...=US_Cars_Trucks

biggrin.gif i like it actually. Hey, these are sports cars...and believe it, most people don't know what our cars are. They were made before most were born.

I like the yellow with the black lettering. Nice match.
dlee6204
There are so many red flags with this car... the Porsche stripes are the least of my worries.
walterolin
Two more.

It has a GEX engine, and a 150 speedo in a (purported) '71 1.7. Not sure, but I thought 150 speedos came with sixes and later 2.0's.
somd914
A GEX rebuild? And their claim that GEX has a great reputation. Are they talking about the same GEX that has such a horrible reputation here and on Samba?

However, it is a low mileage car at 40,139 miles. lol-2.gif
toolguy
. . how can so much be so wrong and people still bid on it. . This car screams
"don't buy me"
At least it's painted the right color - Lemon Yellow. . . just replace the PORSCHE side stripe with a SUNKIST one and it's ready to go
cary
Man, he takes a good photo shoot.

Hell holes been patched. I stopped by and looked at it when I was driving by last week.
Didn't trip my trigger. Too many mis matches.
Might be a nice driver if it didn't have all the decals.
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(walterolin @ Feb 15 2014, 09:15 AM) *

Two more.

It has a GEX engine, and a 150 speedo in a (purported) '71 1.7. Not sure, but I thought 150 speedos came with sixes and later 2.0's.

150 Speedos started in 73. Regardless of engine size, I have 1.7 with 150 Speedo. I am the original owner.
Mike Bellis
This one scares me... Looks like the pieces are siliconed together.

IPB Image
rhodyguy
fuel filter in the engine bay is a nice touch. dry.gif easy access…. blink.gif
JawjaPorsche
Bidding up to $3,610 with no reserve. Five days to go. Should be interesting to see what someone will pay for this teener.
balljoint
Those stripes are suspiciously straight. dry.gif I call photoshop on that one.
clapeza
What gets me the most is the overuse of the tilt-shift lens effect. Everything looks like a really nice miniature, and not a real car. This is probably made worse by the completely black background and perfectly uniform lighting. It has a wholly unnatural look to it.
914bub
Man you people are harsh and rude. I'm going to bid on it because if someone doesn't buy it this guy is not going to be able to afford to have his "Porsche" forehead tattoo removed. biggrin.gif Seriously,.....hideous. wacko.gif
JawjaPorsche
Current bid is $9,133.00 with 8 hours to go!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390773775614?ssPag...984.m1423.l2649
MoveQik
I hope I never have to sell my car. You guys would wear out your key boards pointing out everything that is not "1975 1.8 correct" laugh.gif
Old Yella
Rear floor pan is toast. Mine looked like that. The end result was cut it out. Final bidder should deduct at least 1600 for Restoration Design replacement panels.
TeenerTim
Looks like it has an early passenger seat and back cover.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(nsyr @ Feb 15 2014, 05:13 AM) *

That person was clearly tired of people asking him what kind of car it was.

He should have stenciled on the year too.

I never get tired of people asking. I love talking about the car and this web site. biggrin.gif
rnellums
At least one prior respray in blue as well. That said, this is EXCELLENT news for anyone with a 914 value-wise that this car has been bid on up to 10K. Holy cow.
JawjaPorsche
Marketing! biggrin.gif
tomh
It will get bid up and then wont sell,just like all the other 914's on e bay.
never put a value on your car based on what you see on e bay.
Most 914 buyers have no money, they only what to talk and comment on them.
cary
QUOTE(cary @ Feb 15 2014, 07:20 AM) *

Man, he takes a good photo shoot.

Hell holes been patched. I stopped by and looked at it when I was driving by last week.
Didn't trip my trigger. Too many mis matches.
Might be a nice driver if it didn't have all the decals.

Whoa ................... $10,000
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.