Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rusty jack points
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Shindog1961
Found this roller locally. Here are a couple of pictures, the majority of the rust is at the jack points. How bad does it look?

Click to view attachment
Shindog1961
more picsClick to view attachment
Shindog1961
Rear trunk

Click to view attachment
Shindog1961
Front

Click to view attachment
Shindog1961
Interior

Click to view attachment
cary
Looks like your car is upside down ...................

On a serious note. Looking at the front trunk seal railing, looks pretty solid. But the jack points, not so much. You need to keep digging. It would be best to get it on a lift to look at the bottom.
From what I see and have seen. That's just caused by not taking off the outer rocker and cleaning out the dirt and debri. It's just a matter of how much the inner rocker and the bottom of the wheelhouse have been compromised under the jack point

I'll let the experts chime in. But I think you'll find the same thing on about 75-80% of the cars you'll look at that haven't been loved for a while.
rick 918-S
Is that the left side jack point? It's a full on structural repair from the looks of that photo. But if there isn't rust at the cowl or lower front fenders it may be a good candidate for repair.
Shindog1961
Yep thats the drivers side. Here's a photo of directly underneath

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
Too close, you need to back off and give us the bigger picture.

What does the hell hole look like?
idea.gif
euro911
Looks like you're going to need to go a little further fore and aft and get down to the bare metal to see the full extent. I think you're looking at repairing some of the long(s) in addition to replacing the jack point components ...
Shindog1961
Hell hole not bad, just the tray is rusted. Beyond what is in the picture, its solid.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.