Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Head light cover adjustment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cal914
The headlight covers on my car look like they need adjusting to square them up with the bonnet when down,they also seem a bit lower than the bonnet at the bottom,how do you adjust them
Thanks
pvollma
With the trunk open, you can see a triangular bracket with three Allen-head screws holding the headlight bucket in position (at least, that's how it is on my 1976 2.0L). Loosen them and position the bucket where it needs to be, then tighten them again. You may need to have the headlights realigned after this.
toolguy
there is also 2 bolts inside the fender well for the outer side hinge. . It's a matter of getting the cover aligned and tighten all 5 bolts to hold that position. . then you reset the 'headlight up stop bolt' to just touch the headlight brackets so the light doesn't vibrate when in the upright position. The front 'eyebrow' can be adjusted by bending the tabs to make the headlight door match at the front. . It's held in by rubber bushings. .
It's mostly a 'trial and error' thing till you get all sides square and flush. .
cal914
I've loosened the triangular bracket and the 2 bolts in the fender but thie doesn't seem to give me any adjustment am i doing some thing wrong
Thanks
r_towle
Brackets are for twisting it to line up the gaps.

For the height, it's either the black knob on the back of the motor for fine adjustments, or you need to remove, and reindex the arm on the motor to raise or lower it to the correct closed height.
toolguy
NO NO NO. . the black knob on the motor is for manually turning the motor. .
it is not an adjustment. . and if you turn it with the relay in, the motor will take off and run a cycle by itself- often smashing fingers and hands. .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.