Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Prices Continue To Climb
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
orthobiz
http://www.grautogallery.com/vehicle-detai...id=&search=

No affiliation...

Paul
MikeInMunich
shades.gif

Thanks for sharing.

It's always a pleasure viewing such fine examples of the object of our affection.

M.i.M.
Old Yella
"Nearly 40, 000 dollars was invested into this 914 to bring it to its current level"

Think that's a load of BS. For 40 grand all the suspension bushes, shocks, ball joints, tie rods. brake callipers, exhaust and all the cables would be new.

I recon a quick spray job, some new seat trim and carpets and that's about it.

nothing under that car looks like it has been touched in 30 years.

My 2c
billh1963
Strong money for arguably the least desirable 914. Better be bulletproof documentation of the mileage and even then the car isn't original.
carr914
Any Known Porsche Collector would have chosen an Earlier 2.0
Cairo94507
That is a lot of $ for that car….
mepstein
I decided not to modify my early 4. If prices go up enough, it will be worth getting a Scotty B restoration. All origional 36K mile. Hell hole rust and who knows what under a cheap paint job.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Feb 19 2014, 12:13 PM) *

I have no dog in this hunt, but take what they say with a grain of salt.

This is the 73 that I was selling last year, they bought it and waxed it and that is about it. If they got $15,900 for it great for them, but if the new owner pulls a COA on it they will find out real quick that it was 1.7 NOT a 2.0 when it left the factory.

That 2.0L came from ME and was fully disclosed in my for sale ad here, the Samba, Craiglist and Pelican and to them. Oh and I did not own it for the last 8 yrs as the ad says.

Yellow 73

Stuff like this really pisses me off. I know buyer beware, but why make up a story. Just be honest and say that it was a 1.7 and then changed to a 2.0 and had some other updates on it.
marckowalk674@msn.com
QUOTE(Old Yella @ Feb 19 2014, 02:25 PM) *

"Nearly 40, 000 dollars was invested into this 914 to bring it to its current level"

Think that's a load of BS. For 40 grand all the suspension bushes, shocks, ball joints, tie rods. brake callipers, exhaust and all the cables would be new.

I recon a quick spray job, some new seat trim and carpets and that's about it.

nothing under that car looks like it has been touched in 30 years.

My 2c

I absolutely agree and it is a 1.8
orthobiz
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Feb 20 2014, 11:32 AM) *

This is the 73 that I was selling last year, they bought it and waxed it and that is about it. If they got $15,900 for it great for them, but if the new owner pulls a COA on it they will find out real quick that it was 1.7 NOT a 2.0 when it left the factory.

That 2.0L came from ME and was fully disclosed in my for sale ad here, the Samba, Craiglist and Pelican and to them. Oh and I did not own it for the last 8 yrs as the ad says.

Yellow 73

Stuff like this really pisses me off. I know buyer beware, but why make up a story. Just be honest and say that it was a 1.7 and then changed to a 2.0 and had some other updates on it.

Wow, that's a crazy story! Same seller, too!

Paul
914z
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Feb 20 2014, 08:01 PM) *

QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Feb 20 2014, 11:32 AM) *

Yellow 73

Wow, that's a crazy story! Same seller, too!

Paul

agree.gif WTF.gif $40,000 and they could not get the white paint to stick to the exhaust? Haven't they heard of ceramic paint or maybe put on a BURSCH for $300? $ 40,000 will by you a not too ratty 6
JawjaPorsche
There is a 76 on Ebay for 46K!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-2-0-Li...=US_Cars_Trucks
tumamilhem
WHITE INTERIOR! w00t.gif drooley.gif

dlkawashima
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Feb 20 2014, 09:32 AM) *

What's wrong with this picture?

IPB Image
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Mar 24 2014, 01:50 AM) *

IPB Image

Just a guess, 76 production year but 75 vin?
budk

IPB Image

What's up with the 5th digit?
914work
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Mar 24 2014, 04:22 AM) *

IPB Image

All 76's were made in 75.
Johny Blackstain
The 5th digit seems to have had a printing/hole punching boo boo so not original is my guess.
Eric_Shea
You'd be surprised at the errors on original vin stickers
dlkawashima
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Mar 24 2014, 05:22 AM) *

Yes, '75 VIN with a compliance sticker that should be from a '76. I know Sir Andy has said more than once that the compliance sticker doesn't necessarily reflect the actual build date, but I've never seen one that was off by a full year.
JeffBowlsby
Looks like this car slipped through the recall.

https://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/zRecallHC01.jpg
malcolm2
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Mar 24 2014, 10:24 PM) *

Looks like this car slipped through the recall.

https://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/zRecallHC01.jpg

Jeff, you continue to amaze beerchug.gif
malcolm2
oops
malcolm2
oops again beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.