Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is This?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
I was looking at this 1.8 for sale and it had a shot of front end. What are the red circles? Horns? Ground effect lights? Warp speed sensors?

http://www.grautogallery.com/vehicle-detai...id=&search=
scotty b
horns
Rob-O
Aftermarket Hellas to be exact.
JawjaPorsche
That is interesting. I guess because of crash bumpers you can't have them in the same location as 70-74 models. I assume they must be waterproof because of the location.

The ad says nearly 40, 000 dollars was invested into this 914 to bring it to its current level.

Some people may like the white interior but I don't.
Mblizzard
I may have no idea what I am talking about but I find it hard to see the $40K in this car. Maybe it was a basket case and they were just in too deep? But if I am dropping $40k into a car I would expect the engine to at least look this good.

Click to view attachment

This is just a few hours and some paint. But I guess the $40 could have been spent on mechanical items but that is decent 6 money????
JeffBowlsby
Its easy to find flaws with any car, I appreciate any example that is well done and proliferates the 914.
mrbubblehead
i think 40k is conceivable. i have atleast 500 hrs in my chassis and it was in pretty good shape. and im not even ready for paint.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Feb 19 2014, 12:46 PM) *

Its easy to find flaws with any car, I appreciate any example that is well done and proliferates the 914.

I guess I was not really saying the car was flawed. I fail to follow how anyone who could spend $40K and be content with such a rough finish. I would take the finish in a second for $10 to $15 but not $40.
wndsnd
I see 40k in this ......

Everything is big $$$ these days.
Chris H.
I see a lot of Armor All was invested that's for sure. Cool white interior though! I'd drive it.
r_towle
Easy to get to 40k if you pay someone else to restore a car.....
Full paint alone could be 10k with body work.
Then have someone rebuild the motor.
Then then then...

40k would be easy if you let it happen and don't watch the budget.
dw914six
evilgrin.gif I am guessing Mike's point is $40,000 is a lot of money (is the price of the car on top of the $40,000?). That is getting near 914/6 range for a 914. I would also wonder why the investment, but I would not doubt the cost is that high. Labor is expensive and it takes many hours to bring these back. poke.gif All 914s can be picked at.
dw914six
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Feb 19 2014, 11:20 AM) *

I may have no idea what I am talking about but I find it hard to see the $40K in this car. Maybe it was a basket case and they were just in too deep? But if I am dropping $40k into a car I would expect the engine to at least look this good.

Click to view attachment

This is just a few hours and some paint. But I guess the $40 could have been spent on mechanical items but that is decent 6 money????

Mike... Sweet.....What a difference a bath makes evilgrin.gif
Nice job man.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.