Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gauges wiring diagram help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kassdog
Currently rewire an early 50's 356 kit car. And from i've been able to gather the gauges came from a 70-74 914. If anyone has a diagram for these i gauges it would really save me some headaches. thanks
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
kassdog
Bump
bulitt
Gauges differ by model year- different layouts

Best if you figure out what year gauge you have.
Then go to the pelican parts wiring schematic and look at the wiring.

This site will help you figure the year- gauges

Also-

IPB Image
kassdog
Thats the strange part, no gauges I can find with any proche match up exactly. The 914 ealry 70s have come the closest. Was throwing this out to see if anyone even recgonized these gauges.
Dave_Darling
The combo gauge is likely from a pre-1974 911, with the fuel and oil temp gauge modules from a 914 (either Six or a 74+ 2.0 liter without the center console).

No 914 ever came from the factory with a 10K RPM tach. (At least, no series production 914.)

The speedo looks like it could be from a pre-74 911, as well.

--DD
mepstein
the 10K tach could be worth some money - maybe?
Dave_Darling
Look for ink stamps and punched stamps on the backs of the gauges. What do they say? Usually the ink stamps will give you an idea of the date the gauge was manufactured, and one of the punched stamps will be a part number.

If you can post close-ups of the back of each gauge we can look for them as well...

--DD
kassdog
first one is spedo back
second is tach back
third is tach side
fourth is tach back

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=439
697]
Dave_Darling
A four-cylinder tach from June 1987. That goes to 10,000 RPM. And has a flat cover, and a silver center. I have no clue on that!!

I don't see any date or part number stamps on the speedo or the combo gauge.

I'll still guess that they're from an early-ish 911 of some stripe. Sorry to be of less help than I thought I could.

--DD
Jeffs9146
924 Tach = 1987 PORSCHE 924 TACHOMETER VDO 110.000.81/3

Also alot of the Porsche gauges have the part number stamped inside the lense ring. Look inside the front of the gauge around the lip inside the glass!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.