Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT- Porsche asks 2014 GT3 owners to stop driving them.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
$130,000 and it has to be parked.

Don't Drive your GT3

Maybe it's because they didn't offer a manual transmission? happy11.gif
2mAn
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 20 2014, 02:51 PM) *

Maybe it's because they didn't offer a manual transmission? happy11.gif

When I saw that at the LA Auto show a few months ago, I lost all faith in the future
boxsterfan
Don't tell me shocked[1].gif they put plastic fuel lines in the tunnel again?
biosurfer1
"Porsche says engines were damaged on two cars in Europe, and both caught fire. The company says there were no crashes or injuries."

While that last part sounds good and is nice no one got hurt...makes you wonder what caused the fires???
Jake Raby
I've got a few revealing photos. The layout of the oil system is really dumb, who the hell puts an oil/ coolant heat exchanger under the engine?

The engines get a low oil pressure warning, then they start to rattle, then they catch fire. So that sounds like a primary oil system issue thats feeding pressurized oil onto the exhaust. When the car slows down residual pressure dumps a little more oil on things, the air under the car staginess and it goes whoof.

What I hate is we were expecting a customers '14 GT3 here to build our 4.4 for and if he hadn't canceled his order because the factory was 4 months late, we'd have the car here and could solve it before Zuffenhausen had the chance.

Can you imagine when they recalled that car and he said "It's at Flat 6 Innovations"... Then they show up to grab it and we've got the whole damn engine apart! That would be so awesome!

I could hear it now...
PCNA:"Why did you take it apart?"
Me: "Because you assholes didn't make it big enough!"
PCNA: "We are here to pic up the car"
Me: "Thats ok, we'll let you know how we fixed it for a million bucks"

LOL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.