Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Free 914 Engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
DonTraver
Just got a call from a woman who said her husband had died about 1/1/2 years ago, and she found my name in his phone book for 914 parts. Can't say that I remember him, CRS strikes again.

Anyway, she says he has a 914 engine in the garage and other parts. Would I like them for FREE. Just get them out of the garage. At first she said it was a 911 engine, then not sure. Also said it was a spare that ran.

Anyway, I'm going over to look at it this afternoon. Right now, I'm going to assume that it's probably a 4. If it's a 6, then the problems start, because I'm gonna want to keep it, and the only place I have to store it,is the Kitchen, lol, coffee table?

I'll take my camera and post some pictures when I get back.

If it's a 4, who needs a spare? The price will remain as FREE. If it's a 6 and I come to my sences, it might go for FREE too.

Talk to you later, Don
Dr Evil
Calling you now....
Pnambic
Why can't I live in CA? IPB Image

Has anyone recently shipped an engine across country? How much does that cost?
Aaron Cox
ill take it if mike doesnt IPB Image
please!!!
SLITS
QUOTE (Pnambic @ Jan 6 2005, 11:22 AM)

fully dressed - LTL - prolly about $300.............can check if you really want to know.

Aaron, Mike stay away........I've got plenty of room to store it, plus all the other parts IPB Image
eeyore
I guess I'm 5th or 6th in line. But I'm local, have a truck, and plenty of space.
Dr Evil
Hey Cloud,
I didn't notice that you lived in SD. Didn't you tell me that you had some interior core pieces? I am in the market if you do.

Don and I are gonna take a look at it around 12.

IPB Image na na na na na na
SpecialK
QUOTE (Pnambic @ Jan 6 2005, 10:22 AM)

IPB Image

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
Dr Evil
Shipping via forward air is around $200
SLITS
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Jan 6 2005, 11:33 AM)
Hey Cloud,
I didn't notice that you lived in SD. Didn't you tell me that you had some interior core pieces? I am in the market if you do.

Don and I are gonna take a look at it around 12.

IPB Image na na na na na na

Desparation = Desperation USE YOUR SPELL CHECKER

IPB Image na na na nah NA NA NA NAH Hey Hey Say Goodbye
bondo
Let us know what other parts you find, free is in my price range IPB Image Dibs on any LSD/TBDs or 930 transaxles that remain free or close to it! IPB Image IPB Image
Dr Evil
After Big Don and I pic the spoils clean you I am sure you all will be welcomed to all of the pieces that you already have multiples of. IPB Image I am so lucky that I have today off and Don lives three blocks from me. Too bad his camera is crapping out and mine sucks. It is soo nice to have time to do 914 stuff again. IPB Image
Dr Evil
Ron,
not all of us have in-cont-en-ance (sp?) and dictionary toilet paper ilke you. IPB Image

Study up IPB Image
mudfoot76
If there is a good set of 2.0L heat exchangers, I want 'em IPB Image
larryp
Check it for chopsticks.
SLITS
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Jan 6 2005, 12:15 PM)
Ron,
not all of us have in-cont-en-ance (sp?) and dictionary toilet paper ilke you. IPB Image

Study up IPB Image

Be sure to let me know where you are going to "practice" medicine IPB Image
Dr Evil
Ron, my fingers move faster than my spell checker, see IPB Image
Aaron Cox
mike....even if its a tired old 1.7 four banger..i could use it for my racecar IPB Image

please please IPB Image
Dr Evil
Among the score was the exact engine that you just describe, Aaron. You may come down and pick it up now.

Brando, do you still need a rear caliper? I have one with a few rebuild kits...

More to come.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Jan 6 2005, 03:39 PM)
Among the score was the exact engine that you just describe, Aaron. You may come down and pick it up now.

sweet....

is it down by your place mike? if so..ill stop by...show you something IPB Image
Rhodes71/914
I need 2 rear caliper brake rebuild kits.
Dr Evil
Aaron,
It is infront of my house in the back of my 4-runner right now. Don is gonna come over later and help me move it into the back yard. When can you come and get it?
brant
QUOTE (Rhodes71/914 @ Jan 6 2005, 03:44 PM)
I need 2 rear caliper brake rebuild kits.

sorry for the hi-jack...

I need a couple of kits too and I'm not trying to get mikes.. but just wanted to ask..

wasn't someone selling nice rear kits in the resource section? I looked and couldn't find them.

brant
bondo
heh, I wish I was to the point of knowing if I need rear caliper rebuild kits IPB Image

(still waiting in vulture mode for more of the inventory list) IPB Image
Dr Evil
I changed it, I actually meant Brando. I will get a list soon.
bondo
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Jan 6 2005, 04:09 PM)
I changed it, I actually meant Brando. I will get a list soon.

Hehe, I didn't even think it meant me.. I was just generally wishing I knew if I needed one, because I am not going to try and acquire free items that I only MAY need if there are others that actually DO need them IPB Image
bondo
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 6 2005, 03:41 PM)

is it down by your place mike? if so..ill stop by...show you something IPB Image

wow, the things some people will do for an engine... IPB Image
Dr Evil
wow, the things some people will do for an engine...  

I didn't think that, but now I am scared.....of these new feelings IPB Image
skline
If there is a source for rear caliper rebuild kits, let me know, I have about 4 that need to be rebuilt or I have 4 cores.
Dr Evil
Alright you vultures, here is the list.
0 set of valve cover gaskets
0 complete exhaust gasket sets (coper rings and foil muffler gaskets)
0 set of injector O-ring gaskets (big and small)
2 individual small injector O-rings
7 individual larger injector O-ring seals
0 new 1.7/2.0 air intake temp sensor
0 front brake caliper kit (do two calipers each)
0 new voltage regulator (R588 VW style)
0 rear caliper kit for one caliper (missing one gasket)
(On hold) MPS 280 100 049 (Bosch#)
(On hold) MPS 0280 100 041 (Bosch), 022 906 051E (VW) Needs adjusting
0 good (maybe new?) fuel injector for 1.7 (yellow) with elbow
0 new fuel injector for 1.7 (yellow) with elbow
0 good fuel injector elbows
0 small rubber elbows, new, for the air line to the intake.VW P/N 022 129 637
0 old style e-brake handle
0 set of FI points
2 sets of ignition points
0 1.7 FI system
1 1.7 throttle body
1 1.7 TPS
1 1.8(?) FI brain, Bosch# 0280 000 111, VW# 473 906 021
1 condensors, new
0 NIB Distributor cap
0 NIB rotor
1 NIB gasket for oil filler neck

I also have 8 gaskets that I can only guess are cyl head gaskets

If you want something you need to just pay shipping and small handling (burrito) fee for my packaging and time. IPB Image Let the needy have first dibbs! I am not charging because Don and I both feel that since we got these things for free due to a fellow enthusiasts death, that this is the honorable thing to do.
Aaron Cox
ill take the valve covers and exhaust gasket kit when i pick up the engine IPB Image

thanks mike... i may be down that way this weekend...ill let you know IPB Image
Dr Evil
Aaron,
you should be here this weekend as the engine is outside and not only in the elements, but in view of the code enforcement people who will likely make my life hell if they see it. I have no room for it in my storage and only took it to help a widow out. She would have had a bitch of a time getting rid of it and would likely have had to pay for such a service. I need another tarp which I do not have nor do i have the free $$ for.
So ehat is the suprise? Gonna let me use you as a pillow IPB Image
eeyore
If Aaron can't get down here (plenty of rain expected in the next 3 days), I can make some room in my garage (trust me, I DON'T need another motor)
Dr Evil
Mark,
That sounds like a good deal. When could you move it? Aaron may be down this weekend also so would he have access to pick it up? LMK
Aaron Cox
if he would like to hang on to it...that would give me much more flexibility. mike...ill let you know asap what the plans are IPB Image
Rhodes71/914
Mike I would like the FI elbows and the rear brake rebuild kit oh and one exhaust gasket set. If that's not to much for one guy to take.
Let me know how much to send and how to send it paypal, check, mo, whatever

Thanks, Sean
Juniors_914
how much for the Ebrake handle? my car didnt come with one IPB Image

-Junior
Dr Evil
Sean,
you only need one elbow for the 1.7 FI. You can have one with what I have of a rear rebuild kit and an exhaust gasket set. I'll pack it and send you the total.
Man, I would have thought that these things would have been gone in the first hour. Oh well.
Dr Evil
Junior,
Read the post man, all are free! It is yours, I will just need you to PM me your address for shipping cost calculation.
Juniors_914
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Jan 6 2005, 11:13 PM)
Junior,
Read the post man, all are free! It is yours, I will just need you to PM me your address for shipping cost calculation.

lol thats what i meant. How much for the shipping

-Junior
markb
I could definately use the fuel injectors.
Dr Evil
If I can't use them on my TIII project with D-jet, they are yours!
markb
Okey dokey. IPB Image
Brando
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 6 2005, 12:19 PM)
mike....even if its a tired old 1.7 four banger..i could use it for my racecar IPB Image

please please IPB Image

*koff koff* IPB Image

FINE, AAROD convinced me to help out. We'll draw straws on who takes the trans, who takes the engine?
brant
Mike,

could I get the F.I. Trigger points..
and I don't want to be greedy either, but if no one claims the cap/rotor I could use it to get my street car running..

shipping is 81052 or I will be sending you a box soon, and you could just include the parts in my return packaging...

?

brant
Dr Evil
Brant,
done.

Brando,
What tranny? Thats funny, you and Aaron fighting over a tranny. Is it male, is it female? No one knows IPB Image
Dr Evil
I'm gonna update the parts available now in the original post.
eeyore
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Jan 7 2005, 09:49 AM)
I'm gonna update the parts available now in the original post.

Why not put this stuff in the Classifieds under 'FREE' ??
Dr Evil
I'm gonna link it today. I was just being lazy since this is where the thread started.
eeyore
OK. 2 more questions

1) Is that motor staying at your place?
2) Is your avatar 'Afghanistanimation'?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.