Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: East Coast Gathering
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kerrys914
Second Annual Mid-Atlantic Mid-Engine Cookout

I am looking to start an East Coast 914 gathering.

I am hoping for this to be a yearly event and to rotate around from cities in; DC,DE,MD, PA, and NJ. This year I am looking to plan a gathering in PA just west of Philly sometime in Aug or Sept.

Please e-mail me at kerrys914@yahoo.com if you have any thoughts, ideas, or would like to attend.

Cheers IPB Image
michel richard
We've been doing a yearly East Coast Ramble for some time, now. Last year was in Massachussets, in August. The event for 2005 has not been announced yet, so your plans could mesh just right with those of the rest of the gang.

Talk to Ralf Hartmann, or Mike DuQuette or others.

Michel Richard
Kerrys914
Thanks I'll drop them an e-mail to see check on the location and dates. Do you happen to have their e-mail handy?

Cheers
ft.lbs.
looking forward to the next ramble! IPB Image
martinef1963
I currently live in Miami FL and will probably relocate to S. Carolina next year - would love to meet w/ other 914 members.

Hope to see you all out there.....
i love porsche
im all for it! let us all know when/where the nest ECR is
type11969
I'm down as well, but the way things are going now, I might only be able to drive my beetle . . . .

It has a 914 engine in it at least!

-Chris
DJsRepS
Ive seen that beautiful silver 914 and each time I have to study it to see a big palm frong and not a big dent.
martinef1963
She's a beaut! I would never let her out if she just didn't look right! I just put some Euro turn signal lenses and she is screaming.....

thanks for the compliment - I continue to tinker with her - my next venture is the Kjell Nelin FI going over. Also reading Anders stuff - kind of the same except that Kjell doesn't mind playing with the screw under the plastic cap on the MPS, and Anders says it could ef things up....
Nick
I would love an ECR that is not in New England. Within 4 hrs of DC would be great!
Kerrys914
I have not contacted the ECR guys yet. If the ECR is not in PA or more south I will have my cookout again. I had one in 2003 that was a lot of fun IPB Image

It was mostly DC and MD guys but it was located in VA. This year it will be in PA (2hrs from DC) IPB Image

Mid-Atlantic Mid-Engine Cookout - 2005
Kerrys914
Another
wilchek
i'm in. Let me know if you need help. It would be nice if we could combine something with the hershey porsche meeting in mid summer. http://www.centralpaporsche.org/
michel richard
You will find pictures form the last ECR here

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...f=2&t=16432&hl=

Ralf Hartmann's email is

rhartmann@charter.net

although I'm not absolutely positive that is current. He's on the board often enough, though.

Mike DuQuette goes under the "Sparky" username, on the board too.

HTH
JeffBowlsby
I am looking to start an East Coast 914 gathering.

I am hoping for this to be a yearly event and to rotate around from cities in; DC,DE,MD, PA, and NJ. This year I am looking to plan a gathering in PA just west of Philly sometime in Aug or Sept.

Gee...that sounds alot like what we do here on the West Coast..

Maybe promote it as the...East Coast Classic? ECC05... IPB Image

Maybe event the same weekend...so we could have friendly competitions.... IPB Image
Sparky
Yo!!! I've not checked with Ralf yet and haven't even had time to think about a Ramble this year. There was a lot of interest and discussion about heading a little further down south this year. I'd like to setup a "committee" to begin the planning for this years Ramble. I'm all for a mid-atlantic Ramble, a southern red-kneck style ramble, or hell even a uptight Manhattan ramble.

My best,
Mike D.
scotty914
wll if you need a couple of people to help i am all for helping with a south pa, maryland, north va area. did you ever think of trying to get it a summit point track its about 1 1/2 hours west of dc, with lots of fun mountain roads to get there. easy to get to from south or north
SGB
I'll be driving from Alabama to DC arround June 22, en route to Hershey for the parade. Perhaps this year you should do sometime right before or after that (or maybe during...) On that note, I wonder if the 914club should try to assemble attendees there? IPB Image
rick 918-S
I was hoping to attend an East Coast Classic type of event. With gas prices the way they are the WCC and ECC would need to be months apart. I'll be watching.
IronHillRestorations
Nick Cole, in the DC area, has spoke with me about doing a eastern event. He was thinking west VA or something like that. I'll send you his e-mail address tomorrow.
Kerrys914
An event around the same time as Hershey might be pushing things. I know I plan on spending a few day, at least, at Hershey this year with my wife and son. Not sure I can get the gang to do another long weekend to BS with 914 guys so soon after or before Hershey.

The PA/DE area has a real nice 2hr radius to major cities. I think this location will bring the most 914 owners and cars to the event. From past events it seems like 2hrs is the limit to getting 914's to show. I could be wrong so please let me know.

I wasn't calling it a "Ramble" or "Classic" since it will be mostly a day event with no track time. I am looking for a good gathering of 914 owners to meet and have some good food in the process.

At the last cookout I had some small sponsors send some items in and some of the guys brought some new parts to give away. It wasn't a big event but very fun for every that came..

If there are enough people willing to help me we can make it as big (or close to) as the WCC but to do that it takes TIME.

Side thought IPB Image
Maybe this year is just the primer for the ECC '06 and we get a core group of guys to put the cookout event on this year. Then we could hit the ground running for next years ECC '06
type47
hi, kerry! i'm interested in the 2nd annual mid-atlantic gathering. i will contact or be a contact person for the NOVA/MD/DC owners, i have many email addresses and if there is anyone interested in giving me their address to keep them posted, send it to me, addresses will not be used for anything except related to gathering. we in NOVA dropped the ball on a gathering last fall. i'll work on adding questions to the last "quiz".

my 914 is the white one in the pix with green headlight covers. thanks to scott, another light ivory 914, covers now match color of the rest of the car.

by the way, i've been following your posts on the -6 conversion. will it be finished by the gathering?
Kerrys914
Thanks IPB Image

With the grace of GOD...yes it will be done IPB Image

Once you engine issues are sorted out I'll have a better idea on completion date. The engine has dipped into my funds, and then some, for the last remaining parts IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

Cheers and look forward to seeing my NOVA buds again IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

IPB Image
JohnB
Hey, Kerry,

Thanks for trying to get this rolling again, I really enjoyed the one you did in Richmond in Sept of '03. I'm definitely interested, as Jim says we talked about doing one last fall but it was too little/too late on the efforts so it fell through.

My schedule is somewhat open but summer vacations are being planned now so the sooner we have a date the better.

john
JmuRiz
As the 3rd NoVA member to chime in that was at the last GTG, I'm game. Naturally the closer to our places would be the best for us, seeing as you are close to Philly now, maybe somewhere close to NoRustScott's (isn't he in northern MD)?

Keep us posted, I can write scott to see what he's up to. If we do a GTG, let me know ASAP so I can put all the parts on my car, haha!

BTW, thank's for the pics from the 2003 GTG.
root
Yea Kerry! I'm in! This will be the first for me.
Thanks to all who woke me up about this event...
IPB Image Go Kerry!
bob
I'd be up for this! I just moved down from up north... I'm in McLean... (is that northernVirginia??)

I've been to a few east coast rambles.. so if you need help organizing...

-bob
HarveyH
Sounds interesting, IPB Image keep me posted

IPB Image Harvey
JmuRiz
root: where in sterling are you, I'm in the woodstone area.

bob: yep, McLean is for sure in the NoVA area!
Evill Ed
QUOTE (Nick @ Jan 6 2005, 03:53 PM)
I would love an ECR that is not in New England. Within 4 hrs of DC would be great!

Hey uh.. Nick,

If you ORGANIZE the 2005 ECR, you can have it anywhere you want to. IPB Image

Hell, I'll even finish your car jsut for the event. (I may not give it to you though)

Ed
Kerrys914
Okay guy... Lets get some things going here for the Mid-Atlantic Mid-Engine Cookout '05 (Maybe a preliminary event to the future ECC)

Please e-mail me at kerrys914@yahoo.com and I'll start putting things together. For the sake of scheduling lets plan on a date around 8/27/05 in the PA/DE region.

Please e-mail me with some things you would like to see at an event (There will be family there so soory...no IPB Image girls IPB Image

This year I am looking to make this a day event offically with a day two unoffically for those making it an over-nighter, planed or unplaned IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

Cheers
JerryP
Kerry,

I'm in for a PA/DE area event. Thanks for getting this going. Let me know if I can help. I'm just up 202 from you.
d914
For a DE with a bunch of 14's I'll drag the track car up instead of the streeter.... Get some dates for the calendar, so I can make sure one of the cars is togeather,,,,,
root
Hey JMUriz - I work in Sterling. Small Engineering Co. MATSYS, Inc. on
Shaw Road, runs parallel with Rt.28. Live in Chantilly. Got an R&D shop
at MATSYS and have been known to work on midengines and the like in their.
We're a 2 man company. The small company thing gives me alot of freedom. IPB Image
-rod(root)rowland
root
IPB Image
Jake Raby
Who wants to have one here at Aircooled Heaven?

I need to show this new facility off and entertain you guys!

I'm too far south to be universal for everyone but all the southeast folks could come enjoy being surrounded with bad ass development and Type IV engines everywhere you look for 10,000 square feet!
root
Jake, I've checked out your site several times.
Very impressive IPB Image

But man your far far away from NOVA. I checked out Cleveland
on mapquest and I had to zoom out 4 times until I things started looking familiar.

Only way my teener would makeit that far is if I had one of your engines in it! IPB Image
Jake Raby
LOL

Wait till you guys see the pics of this new shop..

Here is a sneak peek..

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=82710
michel richard
I will certainly drive from Montreal to to Philly or Deleware for the event. Georgia is a bit of a stretch, though.

Michel Richard
914 2.2 E MFI
Kerrys914
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
Spoke
Kerry,

I'm in. Maybe I'll see you in Hersey. IPB Image

Spoke
ws91420
I should be able to come. I'll know better when the date gets closer.
Kerrys914
I will be at HERSHEY. We should set a meeting place for a social on Sat or Friday night ( Just a few hours to say Hey)

If you guys have time, e-mail me with some of the things you would like and NOT like to see at an event this summer. I am planning for a late summer event, end of Aug or Sept.

Some ideas:
We can do a little tech session or two in my garage on a suggested 914 topic , A little fun run around the area, good food, tech quiz, and some good laughs...etc

Also, if you can e-mail me at kerrys914@yahoo.com with you full name and the possible numebr in you group (wife, kids, dog..?) so I can get your e-mail on file for the event.

Cheers IPB Image
i love porsche
ill do anything, as long as i get to sit in the passenger seat of someones 914! cause i doubt mine will be ready for a long trip by the end of summer...but just tell me when and where!
jd74914
Hmmmm. Maybe my car will be ready by mid-summer. I'd be cool to see a few new teeners (I've only ever seen about 20) IPB Image

I can always hope
grasshopper
Hey mabey we could get in a little track time at summit point race track. Its nice out there. They also have a place for an AX event.
guywan914
If everything goes faster than planned I may have the car running by by summer. Iprobably wouldn't count on it as a herniated disk has slowed progress slightly.[ no it wasn't from trying to put the car on the rotisserie myself] . But I could fly or drive the Pathfinder down.
Hartmann
Hi all - Ralf Hartmann here in beautiful downtown Plattsburgh, New York, where the current temperature is 15, no snow on the ground, sunny skys outside and fireplace on inside!

Yes it is true, we have had a East Coast Ramble for the past 8-9 years and they were usually held in the New England/New York area. Once we held the ECR in Quebec, Canada.

I really would like to see/organize a Ramble/914 Classic or whatever name we come up with on the East Coast somewhere where we could have a maximum 914 attendance. I have read all the previous posts and some of the sites mentioned sound very interesting. This time of year would be perfect to start planning an event so that all the East Coasters would have plenty of time to plan their attendance.

Since the driving distance to a centrally located meeting point would be greater for some, I would suggest that a 2 day planned event be organized and then add two days for travel time. Of course it would be best if we had a volunteer in the staging area that could plan out some of the events, such as a RAMBLE (scenic/twisty roads for a 2-4 hour drive) and locate a Resort/Hotel off the beaten path.

Suggestions from myself:
1. Location: Southern West Virginia/Virginia - 30-50 miles anywhere of I-81
Not only would East Coasters make this, but also some Mid-Westerners

2. Dates: Mid-August - Mid-September
Still warm enough to enjoy the pool. We are having a pool RIGHT!

3. Events:
Friday - Travel Day
Friday Evening - Meet and Greet Cocktail hour with some food - 7 PM- ??
Saturday Morning - Show and Shine Car Show - 8 AM - 10AM
Satrurday Mid-Day - RAMBLE TIME! - Poker Run, Trivia Contest, Road Lunch etc 10:30AM - 3:00PM
Saturday Afternoon - Free time/Local Interest Visits etc 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Saturday Evening - Meet and Greet Cocktail with dinner/banquet to follow 6PM - ??

Sunday - Early Morning Ramble - with Brunch on the road to follow - 7 AM - 10 AM
Sunday - Free Time for those staying the day - Good Byes to those not.
Sunday - Local Interest Drives/Visits

Monday - Travel Day

For those interested see my albums from previous ECRs' @: http://community.webshots.com/user/ralfhartmann

OR visit my own web site @:
http://webpages.charter.net/rhartmann

ANY ONE INTERESTED IN THE ORGANIZATIONAL ASPECTS: email me @ rhartmann@charter.net

REGARDING HERSHEY - I also plan to be there and I agree that we could have a meeting point there to discuss the EAST COAST 914 get togehter

Let's have one, huge EAST COAST 914 gathering this year!!

Regards to all - Ralf
Kerrys914
Ralf, lets talk IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

The one day even I had a few years ago was GREAT. Most of the guys were around 2-2.5hrs from me and didn't mind the drive. No vacation time was needed and they still had one day on the weekend to do the Honey-do list IPB Image

Things started around 10:-11:00 and ended ? (2hrs before dark seemed to be the time of choice. Six hours of 914's was enough for most wives IPB Image

Maybe the cookout I am planning will be on the small scale and the ECR can be on the much larger 2 day scale for East Coast events.

I have started a list of people that will/may/would like to attend the cookout this fall. Please e-mail me if you haven't yet IPB Image kerrys914@yahoo.com

The meeting at Hershey will be a go. I am still waiting to hear back from the group on date preference...Friday night or Sat some time.
I'll be there Friday and Sat night so either works for me IPB Image

The down side of Hershey this year is it is in June. By June I will have some of the details worked out, but not all of them. I should have some sponsors on board by then and a tentative schedule.

So guys shoot me an e-mail and lets hear you thoughts...or just post them here IPB Image IPB Image
Larry
Kerry,
I'd be glad to help with planning/organizing.....
Talk to you. Let me know what I can do to help.
Larry
lricci@pennsbury.k12.pa.us
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.