Full Version: congrats to andy, the admins, world
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brant
Amazing...
I noticed we are over 17,000 members now

and heck I know a lot of us have multiple 914's
so this is a significant percentage of the cars that were even produced
amazing.

I remember the week long discussion that went on when this group was building up (much more slowly) to member number nine hundred and fourteen

I want to thank Andy and others who donate the band width, programing, hardware, software, labor, etc....

thanks for doing this all of you!

brant

Ferg
agree.gif Thanks to all smilie_pokal.gif
MoveQik
beerchug.gif Thanks!
rick 918-S
Cool! That's a lot of cars. beerchug.gif
JawjaPorsche
Ditto! The 914World website inspired me to restore my 914 to almost new condition. Members' help and forums really helped. Not to mention parts that I bought from members and 914World supported vendors. beerchug.gif
worn
QUOTE(brant @ Feb 21 2014, 08:10 AM) *

Amazing...

brant

Well..uh...yeah.
NORD

Thanks to all for keeping this Site going. beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

Many depend on this Site for thier parts, information and friendship. Great Place to hang.
wndsnd
Great job!

agree.gif
jfort
could not own the car without the reinforcement provided by the collective expertise of this site's members
SirAndy
beerchug.gif

Now, if i could only get my ass in gear and finish the damn limo ...
rolleyes.gif
CptTripps
Honestly, owning a 914 and not having a community like this would REALLY suck.
PanelBilly
So I wonder how many of us actually own 914s. Then there's those folks who want to sell us crappy watches.
pdlightning
QUOTE(brant @ Feb 21 2014, 09:10 AM) *

Amazing...
I noticed we are over 17,000 members now

and heck I know a lot of us have multiple 914's
so this is a significant percentage of the cars that were even produced
amazing.

I remember the week long discussion that went on when this group was building up (much more slowly) to member number nine hundred and fourteen

I want to thank Andy and others who donate the band width, programing, hardware, software, labor, etc....

brant

smilie_pokal.gif

Congrats to everyone who participates. I will bet 50% of us have more than one teener!
How many does everyone have? How about a survey?
Johny Blackstain
I own 2 myself & would not know how to keep my babies running w/out this website. I thank Andy & all who are responsible for this awesome website... thumb3d.gif
andys
Yes, a big thank you to the admins, and all other contributors. You do a great job!

Andys
timothy_nd28
Awesome work, thank you! beerchug.gif
maddog
thanks a bunch guys!
OU8AVW
drunk.gif
wes
beerchug.gif first.gif
TheCabinetmaker
don't forget about the members who have 15 log in accounts, the members who sell something then are gone, and those who have been sent to permanent time out.
carr914
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Feb 21 2014, 01:14 PM) *

So I wonder how many of us actually own 914s. Then there's those folks who want to sell us crappy watches.

Jamie & I have all the 914s, you guys are just here to see what we do with them!

now if we could just get rid of the Canadians! biggrin.gif
Jeffs9146
Wow, Back in the begining it was just a few local people with Andy and what's his name......learning while doing! We would get together and fix things, discuss what we thought was best, helping people when bad things happened and dreaming about our next build!

If I had joined when I first saw Brads......I mean whats his name and Andy's first few posts I think my member number would have been 50 instead of 128!! aktion035.gif

Thanks for making this club what it was always intended to be, a help everyone club.....I mean WORLD! shades.gif lol-2.gif
JRust
QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 21 2014, 03:20 PM) *

QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Feb 21 2014, 01:14 PM) *

Jamie & I have all the 914s, you guys are just here to see what we do with them!

now if we could just get rid of the Canadians! biggrin.gif

lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif . Hey I only have 5 mad.gif . I do have one for sale though smile.gif . So maybe I'll get down to 4 before I buy another rolleyes.gif
r_towle
Thanks for being here....keeping me sane.
JRust
Andy & the Admin's are the Best. beerchug.gif Thanks
Socalandy
Best place on the WEB, Thanks!!!!!!!
turk22
so who is lucky member #914 ?
brant
Wasn't it a charity raffle?
Chris H.
Is Dave Cawdrey (Korijo) still #914?

BTW given the extreme circumstances at certain points I've always really admired Andy for continuing to host the site. Whether we're talking about the split early on, the site attacks, the overloaded servers, issues between members, etc., it takes someone with a lot of integrity to keep going like that. Clearly he did it just for the good of the community and the people because it was costing him money (probably still does).

So to Andy and all of the admins who have hung in there through all of it as well...here's to ya. beerchug.gif
StratPlayer
beerchug.gif aktion035.gif smilie_pokal.gif agree.gif
okieflyr
QUOTE(CptTripps @ Feb 21 2014, 12:56 PM) *

Honestly, owning a 914 and not having a community like this would REALLY suck.

Kinda like the 80's when I bought my first one. No internet then, but I did find a good shop(Bob Dumont) that would share information for support.

Thanks Andy beerchug.gif
spare time toys
I like to come here just to catch up on folks I have not seen or talked to in awhile. One day I'll get out to the garage and make room for another project but untill then I read and live vicariously thru you guys. Thanks for keeping the dream alive.
Cairo94507
This is hands down the best car site I have ever belonged to. I am on here daily and when (on those rare occasions) the site is down, it ruins my whole day. I may have a problem…..
Maltese Falcon
Once upon a time I had trouble getting to sleep. Then I heard about this place and joined on. Now I get at least 8 hours of sleep a night. Thank you Andy and 914World !

Click to view attachment
tscrihfield
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 21 2014, 12:56 PM) *

beerchug.gif

Now, if i could only get my ass in gear and finish the damn limo ...
rolleyes.gif

lol-2.gif

Great job guys! Owning my car wouldn't be near the fun without this site!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.