Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question on 2.0 Fuchs wheel type
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ndfrigi
Hi,

Can someone help me describe this fuchs wheels I have which is 2 different type. I have 3 of the 1st picture and 1 of the 2nd picture.

1st picture shows No outer circle line at the center wheel (center cap hole).

2nd picture has outer circle line. And this are the usual fuchs wheels I've seen on this site. And this requires longer lug bolt (at least more than 1" on the thread length).

Thank you!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
SLITS
Your first image could be a replica wheel if it takes short stock lug bolts.

The second image is a real Fuchs.

On the backside of the wheel, you will find a 914 part number and the Fox logo if it is a real Fuchs. They won't be there if they are replicas.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 21 2014, 09:19 AM) *

Your first image could be a replica wheel if it takes short stock lug bolts.

The second image is a real Fuchs.

On the backside of the wheel, you will find a 914 part number and the Fox logo if it is a real Fuchs. They won't be there if they are replicas.

Thanks for responding! yes the 1st picture requires shorter lug bolt (like 1" thread length). It has AEW lettering at the back.

The 2nd picture has 914.... number at the back.

Maybe I should find 1 more wheel same as the 1st picture before polishing them. Anyone here has one or maybe trade.

God Bless!
eyesright

I have 3 Fuchs repops, I think the same manufacture as yours. Much better shape/appearence than your photos. Send me a PM.
sled9146
AEW='s American Eagle Wheels
ndfrigi
Thanks for the responses!
ndfrigi
QUOTE(eyesright @ Feb 21 2014, 11:43 AM) *

I have 3 Fuchs repops, I think the same manufacture as yours. Much better shape/appearence than your photos. Send me a PM.

Thanks for offering! but trying to save some money and those wheels I have now was only given to me by my cousin for free.

damesandhotrods
You’d better measure the back spacing. The American Eagle Wheels will most likely be a Beetle offset. The 1 Fuch that you’ve got is the right offset wheel.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.